Hydraulic vent, and water

/ Hydraulic vent, and water #11  
For what it's worth: You might catch some foamy oil in a clear glass jar and cap it. Let it sit a while (might take a day) and I think the water will separate out. That way you'll know if it's a water or air problem.

/ Hydraulic vent, and water
<font color="red"> You might catch some foamy oil in a clear glass jar and cap it. Let it sit a while (might take a day) and I think the water will separate out </font>

Good idea. I am also going to crack open the drain plug and see what comes out. It has been sitting for a bit, and the plug is on the bottom

/ Hydraulic vent, and water #13  
Yeah well. I'm not very good at "cracking" a drain plug. It's usually all or nothing with me. Still you should get a drip and that's all you need.

/ Hydraulic vent, and water #14  
Hi, just thought I'd poke my nose in a little. I have an International 3400 backhoe that drove me crazy for a long time with foamy hydraulic oil, and cavitation. A diesel mechanic friend of mine finally came over and we trouble shot one day. When I would rev up the engine, the hydraulic pump would begin to cavitate, but would slowly stop making noise . As it turned out , air was being sucked in thru an o-ring and it was just luck that we found it. After this experience, I 'd go over any and all connection that you have--replace any o-rings--make sure everything is air tight. My mechanic friend told me water in hydraulic fluid turns it a milky white, depending upon how much water you have in the system. Foam is air in the oil. Hope that helps.