Hydraulic wood splitter

/ Hydraulic wood splitter #1  

bob_wood

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota 4610, kubota 4200, JD 455, Toro 256E zero turn mower, Case 135 excavator, hydraulic dumpcart
Not sure where to ask but wondering if someone might be able to tell me who makes a good wood splitter with 4-way splitting and a good engine. Thanks

/ Hydraulic wood splitter
try this site...it is all about woodsplitting.....
www.arboristsite.com/forum

Thank you AKKAMAAAN

so many splitters out there to pick from. I was hopeing to get a reply from anyone that has recently purchased a splitter with 4-way splitting, good hydraulics and engine. Wondering too who is considered to be the Best manufacturer of top quality splitters.

/ Hydraulic wood splitter #4  
Bob,

I can't answer your question but I can tell you this much. I get wood splitters to work on all the time. The best thing you can do is change all the fluids yearly and make sure it's got a hydraulic return filter. Most of the repairs I see could have been avoided by doing these 2 things.
Andy

/ Hydraulic wood splitter #5  
Thank you AKKAMAAAN

so many splitters out there to pick from. I was hopeing to get a reply from anyone that has recently purchased a splitter with 4-way splitting, good hydraulics and engine. Wondering too who is considered to be the Best manufacturer of top quality splitters.

There is probably a good supply of good log splitters out there. Now, what makes up a good log splitter. A good engine is necessary. Name brands like Honda, Kohler, etc. Any engine taken care of, will give reasonable good service. Hyd cyl, there is a bunch of them around. Supposedly, the welded cylinders are the best. Then again, what brand. There is the hyd pump, most are two stage, to give a fast speed, and then high pressure if needed. The rest is made up of steel, 4/6 bladed splitter wedge. valves, hoses, reservoir, and tires. If you look really good, you might find the best of the best in a splitter, if not, choose the better of the lot. If it splits wood in a timely manner, is all one could ask.

In choosing all the best features in a splitter, you will certainly pay for the upgrades.

There is probably a good supply of good log splitters out there. Now, what makes up a good log splitter. A good engine is necessary. Name brands like Honda, Kohler, etc. Any engine taken care of, will give reasonable good service. Hyd cyl, there is a bunch of them around. Supposedly, the welded cylinders are the best. Then again, what brand. There is the hyd pump, most are two stage, to give a fast speed, and then high pressure if needed. The rest is made up of steel, 4/6 bladed splitter wedge. valves, hoses, reservoir, and tires. If you look really good, you might find the best of the best in a splitter, if not, choose the better of the lot. If it splits wood in a timely manner, is all one could ask.

In choosing all the best features in a splitter, you will certainly pay for the upgrades.

Thanks for the reply and info JJ !:)

Bob,

I can't answer your question but I can tell you this much. I get wood splitters to work on all the time. The best thing you can do is change all the fluids yearly and make sure it's got a hydraulic return filter. Most of the repairs I see could have been avoided by doing these 2 things.
Andy

Thank you for that good advice. I'll keep it in mind