Hydraulice Powered 3PT Adaptor

/ Hydraulice Powered 3PT Adaptor #1  

MossRoad

Super Moderator
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
Gator Boy posted a link to a cool item over in the projects forum. It is a hydraulic powered adaptor for 3pt equipment. Check it out Click here for e-bay link

/ Hydraulice Powered 3PT Adaptor #2  
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.kascomfg.com/hitching.htm>Kasco Manufacturing</A> has manual and hydraulic adapters to mount three-point-hitch implements to a skid steer FEL mount. I've got the manual one for my EF-500, and it works great, as well as being very versatile and heavy duty. From the pictures, it appears to be better made and more versatile than the "Wide-Range" model. I don't know anything about pricing on the "Wide-Range" model, though - it may be considerably less expensive...

/ Hydraulice Powered 3PT Adaptor #3  
I believe the Kasco hydraulic hitch you refer to is a hydraulic mounting and has no powered PTO. The Wide Range Adapter is a Hydraulic powered PTO and is selling currently for $750

/ Hydraulice Powered 3PT Adaptor #4  
wide range - <font color=blue>The Wide Range Adapter is a Hydraulic powered PTO</font color=blue> That certainly makes a difference - I had to fabricate a mount for a motor on my Kasco hitch to allow my EF-500 to use my tiller.

/ Hydraulice Powered 3PT Adaptor #5  
David:
The skid steer adapter could work, if we welded a PT plate to it, or I am sure one of our more creative types could weld up a similar gadget.
As I recall, one of the many adapters Mark Chalkley got for his EarthForce had three point connections, and he hunted around and bought a 640 RPM hydraulic motor with spline shaft. I don't know whether he's put them together. I think the hydraulic motor was marketed as PTO replacement.
It's certainly something to think about, since there are a lot of cheap 3 point implements, new and used, that might be adapted.

/ Hydraulice Powered 3PT Adaptor
So how did you go about figuring out which motor to use, what brand was it, etc...?

/ Hydraulice Powered 3PT Adaptor #7  
MossRoad - Check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=custom&Number=83992&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=surplus%20center&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=50&Old=allposts&Main=77301>this link</A>.

/ Hydraulice Powered 3PT Adaptor #8  
Mark:
That'll teach me to post before reading the whole thread.
Next time I'll make sure you haven't already answered a question before I suggest someone ask you.

/ Hydraulice Powered 3PT Adaptor #9  
Charlie - Oh, that's ok. I thought you were just getting even with me for taking so long to find that valve for you... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Hydraulice Powered 3PT Adaptor
Thanks!

I ordered a catalog, which will arrive in a few weeks.

From the specs that you listed for the motor that you bought, it looks like my little 8GPM won't deliver 540 RPM. However, I still want to look at their catalog. They might have some stuff for other projects that I am contemplating. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif