hydraulics in a zetor 5245

/ hydraulics in a zetor 5245 #1  

JAY AND EBBEN

Tractor
Zetor 5245, JD 350-B
our Zetor 5245 seems to have very little lifting capacity on the loader.... Does anyone have a probable cause?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

jay and ebben

/ hydraulics in a zetor 5245 #3  
In general about tractor hydraulics, if the pump is pumping and is good and can put out potential pressure, and you have a good valve and good cyl, then the tractor will do the job.

First, I would install a 3000 hyd gage in the system and monitor and us the gage to trouble shoot the hyd system.

Check the PRV and see if it is at specs. If it is, then you can assume the pump is good. If it is low, adjust to specs.

Do the lift arms stay up a long time with the tractor off?

Is the relief valve activating when you fully extend the cyl.

How old is the tractor?

If you can't develop the pressure, you can't develop the power.

/ hydraulics in a zetor 5245
Well, now I figured out what is wrong. The lever to dump whatever is in the bucket or forks is broken... does that mean it is just low on hydraulic pressure or fluid? Or do I need a new control?

Thanks,
ebben

/ hydraulics in a zetor 5245
After looking through the manual, I still couldn't even find a place to even add hydraulic fluid... could someone point me to where that is?

/ hydraulics in a zetor 5245 #6  
Well, now I figured out what is wrong. The lever to dump whatever is in the bucket or forks is broken... does that mean it is just low on hydraulic pressure or fluid? Or do I need a new control?

Thanks,
ebben

Make sure that the valve that has broken lever is centered. Otherwise it will dead end the pump and the oil will flow trough the relieve valve. There should be a hydraulic fluid tank somewhere on the tractor.
If you call the Zetor service ask for Peter. He knows all the tractors inside out.