Hydrauluc top & tilt kit

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #31  
I sure do.
I tried a top link and side link and got tired of the leak down. (side link leak down is really annoying).
Switched to piloted check valve top/tilt cylinders probably 17 years ago and have had zero leak down ever since.

:thumbsup: . . .

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #32  
Would you ever let your Land Plane float both directions? I don't have one so aren't sure.

I have never seen a benefit of doing that. But then I'm not a drop and go land plane user.

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #33  
I have never seen a benefit of doing that. But then I'm not a drop and go land plane user.

I couldn't imagine it either. But then, we are control freaks. :)

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #34  
I couldn't imagine it either. But then, we are control freaks. :)
3rd. I don't use side float for my LPGS or box blade when moving.

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #35  
3rd. I don't use side float for my LPGS or box blade when moving.

With a box blade and using the rear blade going forward for smoothing, that is when using the float feature "can make a big difference" with how the end result looks.

This same procedure works very well when transitioning (going around a tight corner) from a road into a driveway or vise-versa. This is the number 1 area that I use the side link float feature. The main road which is my road is shared with 4 other neighbors for 1/2 mile. When doing the final finish-smoothing grade from the road into their driveways, the crown of the road changes. So with the float mode engaged, the implement flows the angle of the grade going around the corner, not the tractor as it changes from one surface to another. :thumbsup:

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #36  
I use float on one of my tilt cylinders (I have two tilt cylinders) when plowing snow on my driveway, which has compound curves to it. Works well, as I have gage wheels on the blade and it will automatically tilt more or less, as the angle of the driveway surface changes.

I suppose the blade would do the same without the gage wheels.

Float on the top cylinder just gives more top link movement when brush hogging and going through dips and humps. Do not use my brush hog much these days...

Can not think of any reason why I would want a standard valve over one with either float or pilot operated check valves built in. My valves operate the same as standard valves, except that the check valves operate automatically, while the float function requires pushing the lever into the detent position.

The one negative is that the valve sections cost a little more than the basic valve sections.

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #37  
I use float on one of my tilt cylinders (I have two tilt cylinders) when plowing snow on my driveway, which has compound curves to it. Works well, as I have gage wheels on the blade and it will automatically tilt more or less, as the angle of the driveway surface changes.

I suppose the blade would do the same without the gage wheels.

Float on the top cylinder just gives more top link movement when brush hogging and going through dips and humps. Do not use my brush hog much these days...

Can not think of any reason why I would want a standard valve over one with either float or pilot operated check valves built in. My valves operate the same as standard valves, except that the check valves operate automatically, while the float function requires pushing the lever into the detent position.

The one negative is that the valve sections cost a little more than the basic valve sections.

Henro, I'd like to learn more about your setup. Are your check valves double piloted, and actually mounted on the cylinders, between the ports, with banjo fittings? That's what I'm guessing, if they operate automatically. But if so, I'm curious how you can still retain the float function of your tractor's remote valves. Are you sure that pushing the lever into detent position really gives you float?

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #38  
Henro, I'd like to learn more about your setup. Are your check valves double piloted, and actually mounted on the cylinders, between the ports, with banjo fittings? That's what I'm guessing, if they operate automatically. But if so, I'm curious how you can still retain the float function of your tractor's remote valves. Are you sure that pushing the lever into detent position really gives you float?

I used Prince valve sections if I remember correctly. They have pilot operated check valves built in. I believe there is a check valve for both directions, but it has been a while, and the only thing I am sure about is gravity does not move the cylinders when the system is at rest. The section with float does not have pilot operated check valve, just the float function. A cylinder connected to the float valve will change length due to gravity over time.

Here is an ancient (was going to say old, but it seems older than old...) thread about what I did. I think it will answer your question better than me trying to type the details...

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...r-ending-t-t-path.html?highlight=never+ending

Hope the link works...

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #39  

The three 3 position valves have the DPOCV built into the valve, there is no float feature with those 3 valves. His 4th valve is a 4 position valve and has the float feature, but no DPOCV. It leaks down.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no control valve that has both the float feature and DPOCV built into it.

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #40  
I used Prince valve sections if I remember correctly. They have pilot operated check valves built in. I believe there is a check valve for both directions, but it has been a while, and the only thing I am sure about is gravity does not move the cylinders when the system is at rest. The section with float does not have pilot operated check valve, just the float function. A cylinder connected to the float valve will change length due to gravity over time.

Here is an ancient (was going to say old, but it seems older than old...) thread about what I did. I think it will answer your question better than me trying to type the details...

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...r-ending-t-t-path.html?highlight=never+ending

Hope the link works...

Thanks for the link, Henro. That's quite an impressive thread! So, 15 years later, your super-custom T 'n T setup is evidently still working well! :thumbsup: