Hydro Check Valves

/ Hydro Check Valves #11  
I was quoted a price of 134.00 at my dealer. That is why I was looking for a different source. After listening to a deere mechanic. I decided to take mine apart and see if there was a possible fix. I used a dremel tool to grind down the end and take the cap off. After I did this I went to Napa and bought the smallest o-ring the parts guy said they carried. I reassembled the valve and took it to a local welder and had him tack weld the cap back on. Its not pretty but I bought the rest of the o-rings from deere and put it back in. Absolutely no leaks. So for the grand total of 15.00 dollars I stopped my leaking. I tried it out and every thing works as it should. My welder thought his work was so sloppy he would'nt even charge me. It's about time I fixed something without it costing me an arm and a leg. Thanks for the good information.

That's great!!:thumbsup:
I thought it was more involved....guess not.:)

Greg

/ Hydro Check Valves #12  
It's the internal seat for the "ball", or the ball itself, that no longer seals.
On mine, you could see them just oozing fluid while the engine is running.
They do come as a kit, however, with new O-Rings & a back-up ring.

/ Hydro Check Valves #13  
Greg, I DO think that's stupid expensive for a damned check valve, a couple of O-Rings, and a back-up ring.
Add to that, the fact that you need two, and it hurts the old wallet!
This was going to cost me close to 300 bucks for two stinking check valves!

/ Hydro Check Valves #14  
Greg, this is the post I originally wanted to reply to!
I really wanted to thank you for your response to the original post, and the information on the manufacturer in Michigan.
I never would've known about the manufacturers (different) part #, so wouldn't have known to contact them in the first place.
I was able to contact them before they closed today, and got them ordered for about half the price of the dealer!
I immediately called the parts dept at the dealer, to cancel my order!

THANK-YOU SO MUCH!!!!
P.S. It turns-out that this company is located in a little 'burg not far from where I was raised.
They were friendly and helpful.