Hydro oil pre-heater

/ Hydro oil pre-heater #1  

PreacherM

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 2610h
I'm curious if anyone else with a 2610 has found a good way to preheat the transmission. I've checked out the silicone pad heaters but not sure if there's a big enough flat area on the transmission to place one. (I've already got the engine block heater. )

/ Hydro oil pre-heater #2  
Yeah they work good, I work in heavy equipment rental and we use them on our Genie and manlift equipment that has large hydraulic tanks. Key is to clean surface area off real good and degrease it, then seal around and let it cure. I've been thinking on having one mounted for extra cold night.

/ Hydro oil pre-heater #3  
I use one on my transaxle housing for hydro, and one on my oil pan. As well as the block heater in the engine block.

Works a sweet treat.

/ Hydro oil pre-heater
Do they require a flat surface or can they be applied around a corner, curve, etc?

/ Hydro oil pre-heater #5  
I'm getting ready to order a couple of this type heaters, thinking one for my fuel and considering one for my hydraulic filter.
Universal Diesel Fuel Filter Preheater [E TIP]
1670891938853.png

/ Hydro oil pre-heater #7  
Do they require a flat surface or can they be applied around a corner, curve, etc?
Both of mine are on fairly flat surfaces. They are also placed up on the side of the sump areas, not on the bottoms. Less chance of being pulled off when going through brush that way.

/ Hydro oil pre-heater
I'll need to crawl under the tractor in the daylight to inspect more closely, but I'm not sure there are any flat surfaces large enough. Most of the heaters are 4x5 inches. May need to check out the magnetic heaters or maybe a dipstick heater.