Hydro or Shuttle for the long haul?

/ Hydro or Shuttle for the long haul?
Thanks everybody.

One little thing I've noticed.. people often talk about how the smell of a non-emissions tractor bothers them. Well, the smell from this Tier IV engine bothers me! This thing emits a STRONG smell. Even when I'm outside grading a road or something, I smell it very heavily! It's a sweet, "chemically" sort of odor, whereas the non-DPF engines smell like burned oil. Two totally different types of smells, but one is not easier to live with than the other! I may do a redneck modification one day and run a traditional exhaust stack up above the hood.

So far I love this tractor though. I hope it treats me well for years.

/ Hydro or Shuttle for the long haul? #202  
I may do a redneck modification one day and run a traditional exhaust stack up above the hood.
That's what I did with my 4410. Well I bought it from John Deere. There is defiantly less smoke in you face. But you need to be really vigilant on thinking your way through low laying branches in the trees or the sneakiest one is driving up to a low building that you've been in before and realizing that the exhaust is too high. It's a good mod but you need to pay more attention where your exhaust pipe is.

Glad you're (mostly) happy with your new tractor!

/ Hydro or Shuttle for the long haul? #203  
I have no idea of the exact HP HST cost me. Whatever that cost is it is worth it. After having a gear tractor for 12 years, I love HST for my uses. For others a geared tractor likely works best.

Using the Kubota Grand L spec sheet as a reference, the loss in PTO HP appears to 1.5 hp for the HST model over the GST regardless of the engine horsepower. Certainly not enough to be a consideration for me.