Hydrogen infrastructure

/ Hydrogen infrastructure #181  
I've read a few things about a Vanadium Redox battery. I'm not sure if that's what Elon has been funding/supporting. Supposedly it might be the ticket for large, stored energy facilities to compliment solar/wind.
Not a clue actually.

/ Hydrogen infrastructure
Figured Toyoda would be first....

.... I'll take my Hydrogen, on ICE......

Rgds, D.

/ Hydrogen infrastructure #183  
I would be interested to learn the differences between the requirements of hydrogen for a combustion engine vs. a fuel cell.

My concern isn't the tank so much as the valve/fuel line being the weak link in a high-speed accident.

Even after the other obstacles have been overcome, it will take time for the gov't, insurance companies, and the public to be convinced they aren't riding a high-speed hydrogen bomb. (myself included- see "Louisiana forklift explosion")

I can see this for low-speed, industrial applications and I hope you are right and someone can overcome the issues the others haven't solved.

Last edited:
   / Hydrogen infrastructure #185  
Just another opinion. I do get tired of opinions.
I see facts. Inconvenient facts. H2 ICE is less than half the efficiency of an H2 fuel cell. And the H2 ICE emits NOx.

Not to mention H2 production by hydrolysis requires at least 3x the electrical power per mile as a BEV would consume. Leaving the only economical means of production of H2 is from natural gas, which is supposed to be the evil carbon boogeyman.