Hydrolic chute for WOODS snowblower

/ Hydrolic chute for WOODS snowblower #11  
Hello,
Does anyone know where I can purchase a hydrolic chute assembly for a WOODS 3 point snowblower?
WOODS discontinued the snowblower.

Thanks

Also . . . did you check Messicks? Looks to me like they have hydraulic rotation parts in stock for most Woods snowblowers.

They'd be a good place to compare parts diagrams across brands too.

/ Hydrolic chute for WOODS snowblower
Also . . . did you check Messicks? Looks to me like they have hydraulic rotation parts in stock for most Woods snowblowers.

They'd be a good place to compare parts diagrams across brands too.

Yes, I did check with them, they only have the parts and not the whole piece already assembled.
I may have to go that route.

/ Hydrolic chute for WOODS snowblower #13  
screenshot_20230709-043313_google-jpg.810165

@NWKIOTI looking at your picture, can you take a picture with the black cover off?
I would think one of the motors from: Low Speed High Torque Hydraulic Motors | Hydraulic Motors | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com could be made to fit and there is a good chance that they have the bolts for the cover setup for a 2 bolt bracket motor such as: 7.9 cu in White Drive Products 281130A6321BAAAA Hydraulic Motor | Low Speed High Torque Hydraulic Motors | Hydraulic Motors | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com
If not, a bracket such as Mounts for Hydraulic Motors | Hydraulic Motors | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com could work.
Beyond that, I second the advice to call Messicks, they are a big dealer and there is a good chance that they have a ready to go kit on the shelf.

Aaron Z

/ Hydrolic chute for WOODS snowblower #14  
If you contemplating the do it yourself approach also look into kits for wood chippers. I expect it would be similar.
Which reminds me @riptides was going to build one for his chipper.

/ Hydrolic chute for WOODS snowblower #15  
I agree with going electric. Whether it's a linear motor or a wiper motor would depend on the current setup. If it has a crank setup now, adding a motor and a mount is probably a 1/2-hour job.

Why do my 1/2 hour jobs always take all day?
rScotty

/ Hydrolic chute for WOODS snowblower #17  
I agree with time of "quick jobs" I'd also go with more HP than a wiper motor.

I was talking about the geared type. Most are capable of killing you if you're in the way or caught up in rotating arm. :cool:

/ Hydrolic chute for WOODS snowblower #18  
I was talking about the geared type. Most are capable of killing you if you're in the way or caught up in rotating arm. :cool:
When a shoot is under snow load, turning them takes lots. Even my 32" Honda that has a plastic wear liner in the shoots rotation base gets hard to crank when under duress. I'd go more than a wiper motor since extra HP still works. If its under powered, they you start over with your 1/2 hour project. :ROFLMAO:
yard snow march (DL).jpg

/ Hydrolic chute for WOODS snowblower #19  
Now that someone said something about electric, I believe that is what I was able to find talking to someone from German-Bliss and that is all that was available from Woods. I don't think that they had a hydraulic. In the end I did not get it because I did not like the cost for the OEM unit. I also did not want to fabricate something on my own so in the end I just stuck with what the blower came with as the crank is not hard for me to use and I only need to adjust the deflector low when I have no choice but to blow into the wind, which I can usually avoid.