Hydrostatic Pedal Sticks, Fix?

/ Hydrostatic Pedal Sticks, Fix? #1  

AmsoilAL

Tractor
Bobcat CT2035
Hello, I have a CT2035 with a sticky hydrostatic rocker pedal (older bobcat tractor). Thoughts about how to unstick? The pedal remains in forward or reverse when depressed.

/ Hydrostatic Pedal Sticks, Fix? #2  
Lubricate linkage and pedal pivot.

/ Hydrostatic Pedal Sticks, Fix? #4  
I know that my hydrostatic pedals have a grease nipple (zerk) or two underneath which, of course, isn't included in my Owner Manual. A spray of lanolin based lubricant on anything that moves but doesn't have a dedicated nipple will also help and should become part of your maintenance schedule. (That includes EVERYTHING on your tractor)

Failing that, I'd look to the return/centring springs for the pedals... but to have both FWD/REV springs buggered at the same time seems unusual.

/ Hydrostatic Pedal Sticks, Fix? #5  
Most of these tractors also have a damper attached to the mechanism, so that the pedals (or treadle) don't go back to neutral too quickly (would be jerky and abrupt). Sometimes it can stick with age. Look for that and lubricate it with a light machine oil if other fixes don't work.

/ Hydrostatic Pedal Sticks, Fix? #6  
Most of these tractors also have a damper attached to the mechanism, so that the pedals (or treadle) don't go back to neutral too quickly (would be jerky and abrupt). Sometimes it can stick with age. Look for that and lubricate it with a light machine oil if other fixes don't work.
That item also creates a detent so the peddle stays in neutral when it is not pressed.

/ Hydrostatic Pedal Sticks, Fix? #7  
Last edited: