hydrotrans

/ hydrotrans #1  

garydc

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti ck20
My B6200 trans has started to act up it will drive for awhile then just stop and move again momentarily more so when the oil is warm and when going down hill it will freewheel until you stop with the brakes and then it will take seconds before it will drive again. has anyone any ideas I tried changing the oil filter and cleaning the screens but it made no difference. Is my trans shot or what thanks for any help anyone can give

/ hydrotrans #2  
The best way to see what is going on is to take it to the dealer and have him check the charge and drive pressures in forward and reverse. This is an easy diagnostic and will give you an idea of how things are inside.

I would think if the tractor moves intermittantly that you have scratched valve plates and the plates are lifting off the center section momentarily. Does this happen under a heavy load or at any time.

Also, the runaway downhill shows you are not getting the dynamic braking you should.

Again, put the gauges on it and see what the numbers look like.

Good luck!

/ hydrotrans #3  
I'd have guessed oil starvation due to a blocked wire mesh screen but youve checked that. Another possible cause of of starvation is an air leak between the wire screen and the HST. I havent experienced that latter problem but I remember an experienced Kubota mechanic mentioning it.

/ hydrotrans #4  
Greetings,
When I blew a hose on my hoe and the hydraulic oil got low, my L35 did the same thing.
You would feel the steering get slugish first, then it would lose drive power.
Just another thing for you to check as I heard somebody say thay had the incorrect dipstick in their tractor from the factory and once they got the correct one and added the right amount of oil, their problems went away.
Kinda a shot in the dark, I know but you never know......