I am now the proud owner of a B2601

/ I am now the proud owner of a B2601 #1  

prichard

Veteran Member
Tractor
B2601 FEL
Yes, I know it doesn't count until there are pics...

Delivered today. Got to spend an hour playing with loader and brush cutter. I am going to really enjoy this.

May get back out to the property this weekend and get pics and work some more. That is if we ever have another day without rain. Forecast does not look promising :(

Btw, anyone ever try to push T-posts in with FEL? Bad idea?

/ I am now the proud owner of a B2601 #2  
Yes, I know it doesn't count until there are pics...

Delivered today. Got to spend an hour playing with loader and brush cutter. I am going to really enjoy this.

May get back out to the property this weekend and get pics and work some more. That is if we ever have another day without rain. Forecast does not look promising :(

Btw, anyone ever try to push T-posts in with FEL? Bad idea?

Sure. It works best with 2 people. One person to hold the T post in place and plumb and someone to operate the tractor.

/ I am now the proud owner of a B2601 #3  
Do you just slowly ease the bucket down thus pushing in the T post? Sounds like a great way to put in a bunch really quickly.

/ I am now the proud owner of a B2601
That's what I was thinking. I'd think the down pressure would be enough. Thinking I'll put a large pvc tee with a 2-3' piece out the side so my helper (wife) can hold the t post and not be under the loader.

/ I am now the proud owner of a B2601 #6  
I was going to suggest weld a small section of pipe to the bottom of the bucket. But I see it was already mention by someone in the above linked thread.

Get a pipe that can fit over the T post, cut about 2 to 3 inches long and weld it.

Have your helper hold the post, position the loader with pipe over the T post and then your helper can back away.

When the project is done, use an angle grinder to remove the pipe.

/ I am now the proud owner of a B2601
Great ideas, thanks for them and the link.

/ I am now the proud owner of a B2601 #8  
We used to drive posts that way, but the placer must get clear before you push down on the post, they can shoot out!

I spoke to my dealer today. My B2601 has arrived, the LA434, and Canopy arrived as well, but my 54 inch mower and my front tires are MIA. Hope they come in soon.

/ I am now the proud owner of a B2601 #9  
Another way to hold post tops in place under the bucket that doesn't involve welding is to get an appropriately sized steel pipe cap, and drill a hole in it to bolt it under the bucket- a 3/8" round lead bolt works fine, and when you're done, just remove it. Bolt it where you won't be bending the bucket metal, of course.

/ I am now the proud owner of a B2601 #10  
Wonderful idea, that cap would trap the post top and keep it from sliding out from under the bucket. I wish that I had thought of that before!