I broke, and now need air filter box END (pic)

/ I broke, and now need air filter box END (pic) #1  

EndlessMowing

Tractor
MF135 Perk 3 diesel JD 60
I did it, I cracked the end cap of the horizontal 2 part air filter box, screwed the cap on a little cock eyed, and gave it a tap of the fist and SNAP :mad:
Massey 135

I have been searching parts suppliers online and can't seem to find the cap for sale, any help with a link, or someone willing to sell one they may have would be greatly appreciated.

Picture below is an internet picture, but just like mine, with the part I'm refering to circled.

Thanks a million,
And I've tried googling numerous variations, of air filter box, end cap, filter element cover etc.

And just for Fun since everyone enjoys pictures, here's the filter as I found it, in the canister!

/ I broke, and now need air filter box END (pic) #2  
Are you sure you weren't rushing things, changing that ? ;)

As a temporary fix, JB Weld ? If it's snapped in half, maybe start with a thin strip of aluminum to overlay the crack ? If not a fan of JB, use a good quality silicone.

Rgds, D.

/ I broke, and now need air filter box END (pic) #3  
you could also have a machine shop turn you a new one,made from aluminium !!!.............just a thought !

/ I broke, and now need air filter box END (pic)
you could also have a machine shop turn you a new one,made from aluminium !!!.............just a thought !

Would be nice, have a feeling that will be pricey, compared to a plastic piece.

Heck I'm having difficulty finding the whole box, let alone the screw on end cover.
JB Weld may end up being my fix.

/ I broke, and now need air filter box END (pic)
I've found a guy in my car club who offered to 3D/Rapid prototype the air cleaner cover, One question I had is about the screw knob.

From the looks of it, it's steel through out. I'm wondering if the plastic knob was pressed on or screwed on the inner shaft itself..
Doubt any parts books would show this piece but if anyone has time to look I'd appreciate it, OR if you happen to know if they twist off with a little persuasion.

I put the vise grips to it but didn't want to put too much force on the knob before it was actually laser scanned.
Maybe the whole thing can be scanned and work as new.
I'll post pictures of results.