I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others)

/ I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others) #1  

MinnesotaMorg

Silver Member
Tractor
Deutz Fahr 6130ttv
As title suggests, I did it. I bought a tractor and paid far more money than I ever thought I would for something that isn't real estate. After many hours of reading, test driving, calling, and spitballing on what I should get I landed on the Massey 4707.

MF 4707
Cab
dyna 2
931 loader with soft drive
4x4
30 inch rears

60k even, delivered.

For reference, my main goal with this is to put a massive snowblower on the back and keep my driveway clear. I have a 500ft drive and the drifts are terrible where I am at. Secondary goals are driveway maintenance, pasture fence maintenance/moving, and managing 30 acres of pasture. I currently rent out my crop land but that might change in the future. Potentially could get into making hay to sell. Land is fairly level.

I'm a suburban dude who just wants to be comfortable while doing work outside. How did I do for a first time buyer?

/ I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others) #2  
That's a lot of tractor for 60k, particularly in the current market. I upgraded to a cab machine 6 years ago, and there is no going back... Particularly for snow blowing or plowing snow.

Enjoy your new machine. Have you decided on a blower type and width? I would imagine you are solidly in the 7' range, possibly 8'.

/ I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others) #4  
Nice tractor. That will do the job for a lot of years to come... and you will be surprised at how many other uses you will find.
After 20 years of having a tractor and loader, I can't imagine being without one. Hydraulics are the great equalizer. I even used mine to put my snowsled into the back of the truck a couple of days ago... my back has been thanking me ever since.

/ I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others) #5  
Congratulations !

/ I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others) #6  
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to TBN. It is a nice tractor, I looked at one before buying my WM75. If you are happy with it that is what matters. However, without pictures, it never happened is the rule here.

/ I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others) #7  
Nice tractor, congrats!!

Attachments

• worthless.jpg
    worthless.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 204
   / I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others) #10  
As title suggests, I did it. I bought a tractor and paid far more money than I ever thought I would for something that isn't real estate. After many hours of reading, test driving, calling, and spitballing on what I should get I landed on the Massey 4707.

MF 4707
Cab
dyna 2
931 loader with soft drive
4x4
30 inch rears

60k even, delivered.

For reference, my main goal with this is to put a massive snowblower on the back and keep my driveway clear. I have a 500ft drive and the drifts are terrible where I am at. Secondary goals are driveway maintenance, pasture fence maintenance/moving, and managing 30 acres of pasture. I currently rent out my crop land but that might change in the future. Potentially could get into making hay to sell. Land is fairly level.

I'm a suburban dude who just wants to be comfortable while doing work outside. How did I do for a first time buyer?
I think you did well. I bought a 2022 4707 as well but no dyna 2 but has the heavier duty front end loader, wheel weights, and radio for 58.5k. The armstrong root grapple popped me above 60k though. Have fun it is a great tractor