I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others)

/ I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others) #31  
As title suggests, I did it. I bought a tractor and paid far more money than I ever thought I would for something that isn't real estate. After many hours of reading, test driving, calling, and spitballing on what I should get I landed on the Massey 4707.

MF 4707
Cab
dyna 2
931 loader with soft drive
4x4
30 inch rears

60k even, delivered.

For reference, my main goal with this is to put a massive snowblower on the back and keep my driveway clear. I have a 500ft drive and the drifts are terrible where I am at. Secondary goals are driveway maintenance, pasture fence maintenance/moving, and managing 30 acres of pasture. I currently rent out my crop land but that might change in the future. Potentially could get into making hay to sell. Land is fairly level.

I'm a suburban dude who just wants to be comfortable while doing work outside. How did I do for a first time buyer?
My GC1705 wants to grow up big and strong like the 4707. Good choice!

/ I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others) #32  
Congrats on the tractor. Post some pics when you have time. We love pics. :)

/ I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others) #33  
Apparently you have yet to buy a cell phone with a camera.

/ I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others) #34  
If you have open area for the driveway to drift, look into simple T Post and plastic fencing. It works. Bit I agree, I too spent $$ for the comfort. Especially plowing driveway weather

This makes a huge difference. I have a row of cottonwood trees that used to cause the drifts to form on the driveway. That plastic fencing (and later on some rows of red-twig dogwoods and lilac) makes a huge difference. Neighbors tease me when I leave it up too long (like this year, but we did have a blizzard last week).

BTW, nice purchase. There are 3-4 days a year that I wish I had a cab. Not real often, but on those days I really want one!

/ I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others) #35  
A 75Hp AGCO tractor w. cab for $60k, I don't think that is bad at all in todays market.

/ I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others) #36  
I can't really put a value on knowing I can get myself out of the snow going forward. It's a terrible feeling living in the country and getting your truck stuck with no....
This right here my friend. 👍
Enjoy!

/ I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others)
my fear is that they are having problems with them and that's why they dropped it.

God I hope not.

For snow blowers be prepared for a stiff neck and new exercise regimen using a rear blower.

Yeah originally I was looking at loader mounted blowers from team green. But I determined that my driveway isn't long enough to justify removing the bucket to put on the blower. Ill have to search tips for the blower, I think you've given me a good start.

Apparently you have yet to buy a cell phone with a camera.

Sorry can't afford it after buying a tractor. I joke, but it hasn't come in yet. They called me today wanting to put it on a truck but I said they gotta wait, I honestly don't have anywhere to put it and it would just make dead spots in the grass. (I'm having a shop/garage built)

/ I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others) #38  
Minn -- you have a really fun time ahead of you with that new machine.

Not sure how far from the dealer you might be, but I had a terrible time with my MF2660HD eleven years ago bought new. It had some major issues and it took a long time to get them all fixed. I blamed it mostly on quality control coming out of the Brazil factory and still do. I've seen arguments to the contrary but I think there is a cause/effect connection as to why the HD series is no longer delivered in North America. In my view there were partially functioning machines with major problems coming out of Brazil. Of course those larger corporate decisions are not likely to be one-factor decisions & they probably had dozens of reasons and schemes involved.

My GUESS is that you will have a far more pleasant experience in your first years of ownership. I also add that no matter how bad it got, AGCO did eventually stand behind their product and made very single thing right for me.

Having a good relationship with your dealer (and him being accessible) is huge no matter the brand or model.

/ I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others) #39  
Who cares about a dead spot in your grass, man! Get that beautiful beast onto your property and start playing working ASAP! Nowhere to put it? You have 30 acres! lol.

I mean seriously though, it's going to sit outside at the dealer, it might as well sit outside at your property instead, and help you build the shop. Building a shop means moving a lot of materials and dirt/gravel around. Get the tractor home and start breaking it in nice and gently!

And buy a phone with a camera, too. ;) Congrats on the purchase.

/ I did it. Roast and discuss my choice. (sharing experience + numbers for others) #40  
Metal carport or similar. Place it on RR ties or blocks to raise it high enough if you have to. You can move and reuse it for other things later, and grass will grow back.