I Finally Found the Holy Grail of Slope Mowers!

/ I Finally Found the Holy Grail of Slope Mowers! #61  

/ I Finally Found the Holy Grail of Slope Mowers! #62  
I like the Aebi tractors for slopes. They are fully capable mowing and agriculture tasks, too.
I have seen a few in the US, but dealerships are few and far between.

Attachments

• C37C0F55-3858-427B-9FC9-855D71E21107.jpeg
    C37C0F55-3858-427B-9FC9-855D71E21107.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 146
   / I Finally Found the Holy Grail of Slope Mowers! #63  
I know this is the Kubota forum, and a lot of these comments are in jest, but since you guys are all over the place anyway-

I bought a Cub Cadet Pro Z 972SD a few months back and have seriously been impressed. It'll mow sideways on slopes that I previously only mowed straight up/down with a 75HP 10K pound MFWD tractor.

Manufacturer's literature shows it'll mow 25 degree slopes, but I'd be willing to bet that's conservative. And with a 35HP Kawasaki motor, I can't bog it down. I will say, it's thirsty though.

I only put about 10 hours on it this fall before weather turned cold and the grass quit growing, but so far so good.

/ I Finally Found the Holy Grail of Slope Mowers! #64  
I'd suspect the degree limit of many machines is related to the oil/lubrication system in the engine/transmissions. Prolonged use on extreme slopes can starve the engine of oil. My PowerTrac PT425 will go up, down, across slopes I have trouble walking on, but the Kohler engine is limited to 25 degrees continuous use by the manufacturer. PowerTrac makes slope mowers that are rated up to 45 degrees. That's steep.

A lot of folks think their land is that steep. To get an idea of how steep 45 degrees is, go stand facing a wall. Look at the spot where your eyes hit the wall. Take two steps back. The angle from the tips of your toes to the spot where your eyes were is about 45 degrees. You really think you'd drive your tractor up that slope, let alone across it?

4E781D2E-A66C-458D-94E9-F36834AD4D70.jpeg

/ I Finally Found the Holy Grail of Slope Mowers!
I know this is the Kubota forum, and a lot of these comments are in jest, but since you guys are all over the place anyway-

I bought a Cub Cadet Pro Z 972SD a few months back and have seriously been impressed. It'll mow sideways on slopes that I previously only mowed straight up/down with a 75HP 10K pound MFWD tractor.

Manufacturer's literature shows it'll mow 25 degree slopes, but I'd be willing to bet that's conservative. And with a 35HP Kawasaki motor, I can't bog it down. I will say, it's thirsty though.

I only put about 10 hours on it this fall before weather turned cold and the grass quit growing, but so far so good.

I have seriously looked at the CubCadet mower you bought. For the money I would be spending on the CubCadet, I can spend a little more and get an F Series with a diesel. If the 972 was diesel, it might warrant a 2nd look from me. I've got a Gravely 160 ProTurn and like yours, mine likes the gas. After a 5 hour mow, I can just about drain both tanks dry...

/ I Finally Found the Holy Grail of Slope Mowers! #66  
You better be a young & strong man to walk terrain like those guys.
Did you see the operators fighting the machine AND terrain :eek:

I’ll stick with my 4wd tractor & 3pt lift type 10ft Cutter to back up & down my 800ft long STEEP rough banks here.

It Wasn’t possible though until I fluid filled all 4 tires 90% full.

Last edited:
   / I Finally Found the Holy Grail of Slope Mowers! #68  
That would Stick & stay planted