I got me one too...finally

/ I got me one too...finally #1  

QwikDraw

Platinum Member
Tractor
Timber King TK711
No forestry package but I do plan on manufacturing something in the near future. I have a road and 10 lots to clear starting next week. Probably will "rent to own" a head. 99% sure going with the Bradco. We finally got some snow...late but it seems to keep coming this month.

2007_0320_180821AA.jpg

Ted

/ I got me one too...finally #2  
Man what a beauty. How much?
Also, I have narrowed it down to two units a Cat and a ASV. For the same price I can go up in HP to the 80 with the ASV over the CAT.

Any of your thought would be helpful, and what moved you towards the ASV?
Thanks

/ I got me one too...finally
I plan on using it with a mulch head so the choice was easy for me, more hydraulic horsepower, better cooling and more clearance. ASV is one of the only stock machines with 100HP that can run those heads. Read through the other post here and you will find many other reasons....

Price...cheaper then I would have thought.... under 50K. ASV really doesn't take care of their dealers, there were two other dealers that had prices over 5K more but with out set territories I found a third dealer happy to move machines with almost no profit. If I were the other dealers I would be angry but it was good for me.

Definitely an issue ASV needs to deal with.

Ted

/ I got me one too...finally #4  
Nice looking unit Ted.
Even when the mud arrives you should be able to continue roughing out...not sure what part of the North East your from,but more snow heading this way...1 to 3 inches here. :(

/ I got me one too...finally #5  
Quick Draw,

I just posted on "Business Plan" a request for a dealer that's giving these deals. The Texas Timber Jack dealership in Lufkin has been quoating me $110K for the RC 100, Tush Hog head, forestry package, AC and cab over pressure.

If your dealer can beat that, I will drive from Texas to your area to get one. A $50k+ saving is a big deal.

John

/ I got me one too...finally #6  
John. Please, please, please shop around. That price is not even in the same continent. First i think tushogg heads are the most expensive. See if you can get a price on just the head and let us know about that. Second let's rough this

RC-100 $60k maybe with pressurized cab, The forestry package usually 5-6K
Fecon head, Loftness, and FAE all are 22-25k max

So I would call 85-90k the absolute max. Maybe Paco will give a few numbers for his tractor has everything you can get and is nowhere close to 110k. A member on here, I believe Yellowdog lives in Texas and bought his from Crane works in Alabama.

Heck if none of the dealers will show you any love I put you in contact with my tractor place and for a fair price I'll haul it to texas and visit my parents in Lake Houston.

I'm glad you posted. These tractors are expensive enough without a salesman trying to retire on a single deal. Please keep us posted.
Fellow Mulcher. Robbie

/ I got me one too...finally #7  
Robbie,

Thanks for the speedy reply. That's why I was screaming for help on three strings here. When I was reading price ranges you guys were talking about, I just started flipping out.

There is no way in **** the Tush Hog head is running $60k. I think the dealer wanted me to pay the light bill for a year or so.

When I started my research on this, the first head I looked at was the Fecon. I saw one other one, I can't remember the name, but it looked like a maintainance nightmare, X'd it off the list. Then I heard about the Tush Hog and I really do like it, but I'm not married to it.

I am so glad my friend got me on this site. There's a ton of experience that I couldn't buy if I had to money to burn.

The guys that sell the Fecon use Mustang skid steers (with a trac belt over the wheels). Wasn't to impressed with that machine. I wouldn't mind being married to the ASV. All the research I've done thus far tells me ASV is the machine to use.

Maybe you've read my other two posts. Says about the same, for $50k+ saving, I could afford to pay you to deliver it here. But I'd like to see your country, I've only been to the Georgia area one other time in my life, time to visit again.

John

PS: The dealer here wants to show me some "love," with sandpaper!

/ I got me one too...finally #8  
Okay, it sounds like your close to the big one, The purchase. You need to run a few different heads to get a feel for them. I personally do not like a tushogg and I think if you run a few other heads you'll like it even less. There are better priced alternatives even if it is 50k. But we both know its not. The best and fastest cutting head out the gyro tracs for skid steers is only 32-34k. But they are costly to run. There are several good heads in the 20-25k range. If i were looking for the best and most knowlegdable dealer I would PM Paco. His dealer sounds like they have a good understanding of mulching tractors and what they require. Plus I know it was a vermeer dealer so see if there's a vermeer near you. And some on here will argue this point but for the money an ASV is very hard to beat.
I would not even talk to the tushogg dealer again. I'm glad you found this sight also. Spending any amount more than you had to would Suck.

Buy a equipment trader and see if there are any ads for mulchers in there. There are dealers around you you'll just have to hunt them down.

Anyway, see where this info leads you and check back with what you find.
Robbie

/ I got me one too...finally #9  
Just read the string about the Tush Hog and one guy there called and was quoated $24k. So, if we look at what Paco paid, under $50k, then add retail of $24k, round numbers tell me $74k "go to work" price. So where the heck did he come up with the $36k? Not his good looks I can assure you.

Oh yeah, I'll see him one more time; when I drive up to the dealership with a machine and head that I bought somewhere else.

I have demoed the Tush Hog and Fecon. Both do leave large pieces around. I'm wide open on the cutting heads. Looking for the best head at the best price. It's all about keeping the customer happy with the product that he's paid for. And the experience here tells me you guys have a good hand on it.

The Timber Jack dealer told me that the Tush Hog head and machine weighed in a 14,000#. With that weight, then I started looking at trailer weight, fuel etc etc and which then drove the size of truck I needed and that drove me the DL requirements.

Glad you guys are responding. This helps a lot. Much appreciated.

John Ryan, Bryan/College Station, Texas

/ I got me one too...finally #10  
Just for the record Paco's machine is the one that is loaded. Pressurized cab, forestry package and added cooling. Quickdraws is a 100 but with no forestry package and I'm not sure about the pressurized cab or not. For the price I'd say not. Mine is closer to quickdraws but with the rear brush guard. But this will give you the least price of ours verses the loaded price of Paco's. My .02 cents, get everything up front and finance one price. If you decide on a forestry package later that's 5-6k out of pocket. They came out with all the forestry packages 2 months after i purchased mine. Oh well. Building guardes as I go.

And yes the weight gets out of hand in a hurry. Robbie