I-H Scout

/ I-H Scout
Should I be "Scouting around" for old Jeep parts too? Sorry, couldn't help it. Seriously, would these running gear components be based on 1/4 Ton frames? And I'll have to admit I've never noticed an offset rear differiental, you can bet I will be paying more attention in the future. A friend of mine bought a 1944 military Jeep last year, I'll climb under and take a look

/ I-H Scout #12  
I had a 1966 Bronco...
Paid $200 for it a few years ago. I had it for a couple of months before I realized it was a bigger project than I could handle. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I sold it to a fellow for $300 who had four other Broncos.

There's something that I really like about those old Broncos.

One of the local fire departments around here is still using an old flat-fendered Jeep as part of their fleet. It's nice to see those in good shape.

/ I-H Scout #13  
The Ford Bronco is a nice vehicle.
I am like you,I really liked the original Broncos.
Ford really did have "A better Idea" on the Bronco's.

/ I-H Scout #14  
Broncos came out in '65 as a '66 model.

The low range in the Tshifter models (shifter pattern is straight forward to rear) was 2.46:1.

The low range in the J shifter models (shifter pattern looks like a backwards J) was 2.34.
They are interchangable between cases.

Aftermarket gearsets are available in ratios up to 4.89:1.

/ I-H Scout #15  
I believe the first Scout came out in '61. My dad bought one that year, another in '64 or '65 and another in '69. My brother had a '61 that someone had swapped a Rambler 6 into. I had a '65 for a year before buying a new '71 Scout II. Had a lot of fun in them, and working on them. Guess I'm getting old--now I prefer the reliability of my Toyota.

reb