I hate small engines that have sat not used.

/ I hate small engines that have sat not used. #31  
I had to take the carb apart twice before I got the engine to run. The honda carb was pretty simple, except for the plastic filter covers and stuff. The insides of the carb where mostly plastic to. The part for the float and needle/seat was plastic, first one I ever seen that wasnt tin and brass. The only brass part seemed to be the jet. It is supposed to be removable, but a little pressure with screw driver told me this one probably wouldnt come out. Tip cleaner worked well for cleaning it out. The plastic needle and seat was a little harder. Repeated spray cleaner, and air nozzle and It eventually turned back to white plastic. Plastic needle did have a rubber tip on it like a normal needle and it didnt seem damaged. Corrosion didnt seem to be a big issue, but the varnish came out in lumps and flakes. everybody is saying stabil and seafoam for short term storage. I suspect the machine will be setting a little longer than short term before I use it again. Still trying to figure out the best gas additive for long term storage. Still considering just draining the bowl and filling with some type of oil.

Thought about that too. Maybe drain the bowl and spray with WD40? All rubber gaskets too. Might try that on an old JD tiller I never use.

/ I hate small engines that have sat not used.
has anybody tried PRI-G additive. Its supposed to be better than stabil.

/ I hate small engines that have sat not used. #34  
LL stands for low lead. Been running for years in extreme motors and no problems yet.

Still lead and it does foul plugs. Ask any pilot or A&P

/ I hate small engines that have sat not used. #35  
Motorcar Fuel.. Auto Fuel. In this case, ethanol free as you dont want ethanol in your plane.

Thank you...

No chance of ethanol free here at the pumps... really nothing in the SF Bay Area region... we do have a number of airports with gas trucks... not sure as how that would work as when I asked at the Oakland airport was told I needed to have a tail number registration to buy...

/ I hate small engines that have sat not used. #36  
Thank you...

No chance of ethanol free here at the pumps... really nothing in the SF Bay Area region... we do have a number of airports with gas trucks... not sure as how that would work as when I asked at the Oakland airport was told I needed to have a tail number registration to buy...

According to AirNav.com, there are no airports in your area selling MoGas.. There is a SeaPlane base at Lake Oroville that does..

Try a marina.. boaters dont like ethanol either :)

/ I hate small engines that have sat not used. #37  
According to AirNav.com, there are no airports in your area selling MoGas.. There is a SeaPlane base at Lake Oroville that does..

Try a marina.. boaters dont like ethanol either :)
He's in Commiefornia, the government knows what's best for you.

/ I hate small engines that have sat not used. #38  
Just installed a new carb on the Briggs engine on my walk-behind field & brush mower- engine would surge/hunt at idle.

Started to clean the old carb- had a plastic "Limiter" cap on the low speed needle. Instructions said the cap would could just be "popped" off. Popped off the cap and
broke the needle off flush with the carb body. Bought a new carb. Engine runs good now. Wallet a bit thinner.

I mow (for free) about an acre of grass for a non-profit with an old MTD rider someone gave me- has a Briggs opposed twin. Also is hunting/surging badly. Will try cleaning that
carb when I am done cutting grass for the year. Also need to sharpen blades and fix the steering.

Got an old (1978) Sears garden tractor with big Briggs single and a "flo-jet" carb. NOTHING seems to bother that carb.

/ I hate small engines that have sat not used. #39  
LL stands for low lead. Been running for years in extreme motors and no problems yet.

It's only "Low lead" as compared to the original 100 octane aviation fuel. 100LL still has 2 to 3 times the lead of the old leaded auto gas. It does seem to last forever, though.

There are quite a few engines that have trouble with it. You generally don't want to run rich, nor do you want your engine running on the cooler side - both will contribute to lead fouling.

/ I hate small engines that have sat not used. #40  
If you keep maintaining it, the same will not give you problem.