I hate the Cold and Love the Cab

/ I hate the Cold and Love the Cab #11  
Did you get a good price on the front blower??

The deal was $500 off the regular price so still far from inexpensive but it will pay me back in fewer trips to the chiropractor. Spending hours twisted around watching the 3pt blower was getting too hard on my neck and back.
I still have the 3pt blower and will use it if I clear snow for others where I haven't seen the area without snow or where I think there may be foreign objects that could be hard on the new blower. I am planning to put a hydraulic rotator on the 3pt blower, when I first got the cab tractor I had to open the back window to rotate the chute. That lets cold air in:eek: so needs to be avoided:D.

/ I hate the Cold and Love the Cab #12  
Did you get a good price on the front blower??

The deal was $500 off the regular price so still far from inexpensive but it will pay me back in fewer trips to the chiropractor. Spending hours twisted around watching the 3pt blower was getting too hard on my neck and back.
I still have the 3pt blower and will use it if I clear snow for others where I haven't seen the area without snow or where I think there may be foreign objects that could be hard on the new blower. I am planning to put a hydraulic rotator on the 3pt blower, when I first got the cab tractor I had to open the back window to rotate the chute. That lets cold air in:eek: so needs to be avoided:D.

The chute rotator bracket for our farm king was $90. The 'implement' steering cylinder was just under $80 @ Princess Auto, and the 1/4" 1 wire hoses were cheap too.

Thanks for the info.

/ I hate the Cold and Love the Cab #13  
Just curious anybody run there cab tractor with it below zero and still stay warm?

Just wondering just how good the heater is on those really cold days.

/ I hate the Cold and Love the Cab
Mark2610d,
My 3540 which would be same as your 3240 was nice and toasty when I entered the cab after warming it up for about 25 minutes. At the time of the picture, it was -22 C or -8 F, and was cooling as it was near sunset. By the time I was finished plowing snow, it was probably -14F. I had to remove my jacket as it was getting too warm. Just remember to hit your rear (electric) window defrosters.

Cheers,
Jake

/ I hate the Cold and Love the Cab #16  
I keep the block heater plugged in during the winter and within 10 minutes or less I'm getting heat. No matter the temp. outside I always end up turning the heat down. If I'm going to be at it for awhile the jacket usually comes off too. It's really nice to see the snow blowing all around outside while I sit in warm comfort clearing it away! It's a long way from the old Jeep that I started with when I first bought my house.:)

/ I hate the Cold and Love the Cab #17  
The chute rotator bracket for our farm king was $90. The 'implement' steering cylinder was just under $80 @ Princess Auto, and the 1/4" 1 wire hoses were cheap too.

Thanks for the info.

I have a hydraulic motor that I picked up cheap from Princess Auto and am planning to hook it to the existing rotator with a piece of large heater hose and hose clamps. I used a zip cut to remove the crank handle from the end of the rotator pipe/tube. Saved it to be welded back on should I decide to sell the 3pt blower in the future. I will plug the hydraulic motor into one of the rear remotes, will have to be a bit careful, the motor is fairly large and could easily damage other parts if over rotated. I figure the heater hose drive will help to limit torque to other parts in case things get frozen together.
This way I will be able to move snow in both directions if I want:cool: and can put the FEL on if I need it without completely losing snow blowing capability:D.

/ I hate the Cold and Love the Cab #18  
Mark2610d,
My 3540 which would be same as your 3240 was nice and toasty when I entered the cab after warming it up for about 25 minutes. At the time of the picture, it was -22 C or -8 F, and was cooling as it was near sunset. By the time I was finished plowing snow, it was probably -14F. I had to remove my jacket as it was getting too warm. Just remember to hit your rear (electric) window defrosters.

Cheers,
Jake

Thats awesome! I wish we had snow in Tennessee....

/ I hate the Cold and Love the Cab #19  
Re: cold in the cab?
The cab heater is great. I 've moved snow all winter for the last 7 years with an L4610HSTC; for 10 years before that I froze on an open L2550 .. .
We get our share of deep cold (-10 to -20 F or colder) here in Vermont and plenty of snow . .. I've never been cold in the Kubota cab--it's comfortable without a coat. In windy and blowing subzero conditions, if snow's blowing back all over the cab, the side and back quarter glass frost a bit (the rear has an electric defroster) but not so much as to reduce visibility--the defrosters generally take care of it. For what it's worth the air conditioning also holds up under pretty extreme conditions--I've done field work for hours on 90+degree days and was very comfortable. . .
And for anyone who still wonders whether their cab was worth the $$$$$$$, I suggest you try spreading manure on a windy day . . .you'll never question your decision again.

/ I hate the Cold and Love the Cab #20  
Re: cold in the cab?
The cab heater is great. I 've moved snow all winter for the last 7 years with an L4610HSTC; for 10 years before that I froze on an open L2550 .. .
We get our share of deep cold (-10 to -20 F or colder) here in Vermont and plenty of snow . .. I've never been cold in the Kubota cab--it's comfortable without a coat. In windy and blowing subzero conditions, if snow's blowing back all over the cab, the side and back quarter glass frost a bit (the rear has an electric defroster) but not so much as to reduce visibility--the defrosters generally take care of it. For what it's worth the air conditioning also holds up under pretty extreme conditions--I've done field work for hours on 90+degree days and was very comfortable. . .
And for anyone who still wonders whether their cab was worth the $$$$$$$, I suggest you try spreading manure on a windy day . . .you'll never question your decision again.

Sounds great. Glad we sprung for the cab this time.

Would you have pics, like spreading manure??

:)