I Know I Know, BUT gimme a Break I'm New

/ I Know I Know, BUT gimme a Break I'm New #1  

Git-R-Done

Bronze Member
Tractor
2021 JD 1025r (Process Buying)
Here is the deal 2021 JD 1025r with 54d mower and 120r loader. Quote = $16,497 Free delivery to my door + tax and misc. Good, fair or RUN???

I won't get into the brand battle. I am thinking add on a ballast box and the I-match. Better yet have them throw in 1 of those and I buy the other, which one?

I promise I will be a ASSet once I am official.

Git-R-Done

Sorry did not see this group and posted in "Buying, Pricing Comparisons". Could not find how to delete that post.

/ I Know I Know, BUT gimme a Break I'm New #2  
Welcome to TBN!!! Go for it. A BB is definitely an asset. I-match isn't as big a deal since your implements are small and can be slid around to hook up. I use a 5' BB on my JD2210 which is a previous model of the 1025R. I prefer a larger MMM and use a 62".

/ I Know I Know, BUT gimme a Break I'm New
Welcome to TBN!!! Go for it. A BB is definitely an asset. I-match isn't as big a deal since your implements are small and can be slid around to hook up. I use a 5' BB on my JD2210 which is a previous model of the 1025R. I prefer a larger MMM and use a 62".
The down side to the 54 is the "Load N Go" is not available. It is a nice option for mower maintenance.

/ I Know I Know, BUT gimme a Break I'm New #4  
I guess I don't know what "Load N Go" is?

/ I Know I Know, BUT gimme a Break I'm New #5  
G'day and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

The I-match (the JD 3PH quick hitch) and the Ballast Box are two 'implements' that I have never regretted getting. Ensure you use the correct bushings.

Enjoy the site.

/ I Know I Know, BUT gimme a Break I'm New #6  
That's a really good deal. In fact, I would double check and make sure the mower deck is included since it looks like a big discount even without the mower.

You don't say anything about how you intend to use it. My personal concerns with the 1 series is why I have a 2 series. The small tires and lower ground clearance of the 1 series make it more limited in some tasks and 3 point attachment usage. Not important for some people I guess.

I would definitely go to the 62 deck unless you have areas you just can't get to. It makes it easier to mow close to things by having more overhang.

/ I Know I Know, BUT gimme a Break I'm New #7  
Sounds like a good price, but what do you need the tractor to do? Did you spec the tractor or is the dealer selling you what they think you need?

/ I Know I Know, BUT gimme a Break I'm New
I actually can get by with just a mower on my 2.78 ac. I have some projects moving dirt and always cleaning up and piddling. Bucket would be handy VS wheel barrow. Have a continual adding some sand to a private road to keep passable project. It is not my primary entrance, but use for getting RV in and out plus helps neighbors that live off.

/ I Know I Know, BUT gimme a Break I'm New #9  
At less than three acres I think that's a great tractor. But I wouldn't mow with it, very slow.

/ I Know I Know, BUT gimme a Break I'm New #10  
At less than three acres I think that's a great tractor. But I wouldn't mow with it, very slow.
I mow about 3 acres with my JD2210 62" MMM.