I know its cool... but what is the real world purpose?

/ I know its cool... but what is the real world purpose? #1  

Dadnatron

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5100e with FEL
This is a cool trailer... but I need some help understanding the real world purpose. It seems like it would do little that a competent driver could not do. What am I missing? Or what is it BEST used for?

/ I know its cool... but what is the real world purpose? #2  
   / I know its cool... but what is the real world purpose? #3  
This is a cool trailer... but I need some help understanding the real world purpose. It seems like it would do little that a competent driver could not do. What am I missing? Or what is it BEST used for?

That’s a pretty cool trailer and I can see where it would be useful. But, I wonder why he didn’t just back it in with the truck...

/ I know its cool... but what is the real world purpose? #4  
Thats the same kind of trailer that they used to deliver my wifes shec with. It was fun to watch it work

/ I know its cool... but what is the real world purpose? #5  
Looks like a joke to me!
A lot of money and too slow to be profitable.
I used to own a 21' Boom Truck delivering concrete block and building material.
Then drove a KW with a 48' Landoll PU and deliver 20-40' containers for a rental company.
Landoll had hydraulic tilt deck and tandem moved 15' with hydraulics.
Way more flexible.

/ I know its cool... but what is the real world purpose? #6  
Interesting. I always like different stuff, even if I don't see the value. Probably thought of by that guy that wrote the song "Give me forty acres". Terrible listening to that pissy little engine.

/ I know its cool... but what is the real world purpose? #7  
Reminds me of a video I saw a few years back (perhaps here on TBN) about delivering and manoeuvring a Mobile home around a difficult corner and/or into position... a type of remote controlled jack/wheel contraption.

/ I know its cool... but what is the real world purpose? #8  
I am guessing that there are times where that would come in handy and access spots that just a standard trailer wont. But in that video....not a good demonstration of the trailer because yea, the truck could have done that

/ I know its cool... but what is the real world purpose? #9  
We just had a chicken coop delivered on one of those. They’re good for maneuvering things into tight spots in yards and gardens, etc.

IMG_1684.JPG

/ I know its cool... but what is the real world purpose? #10  
WOW! Those chickens must be one percenters.