I like to be helpful, so . . .

/ I like to be helpful, so . . . #1  

beowulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3410 HST, J Deere riding mower
Y'all need to check your T-pounder before you lift it up and over a T-post and start pounding. At least I do. Not the best way to start the day - we were stringing a fence and I began to use the pounder on a T-post. The first clue that something was not right was when, instead of the usual loud clang and concurrent jolt to the hands and arms, I felt a thud. Maybe there was mud in the pounder. So, I kept at it. Still no clang – just more thuds. I kept at it. First some liquid - then the remains of a squirrel fell out - not much left of it after 8 or 9 good wacks. Already TMI so I won’t provide more details. But I guess I have a story.

/ I like to be helpful, so . . . #3  
That's a bad day for the squirrel....

/ I like to be helpful, so . . . #4  
No squirrel screams huh. Must’ve killed it quick n merciful like.
I think I would prefer what you had happen than had a squirrel rocket out towards my face while I looked down the tube.
Ive seen Christmas Vacation it aint good.

/ I like to be helpful, so . . . #5  
That's a hell of a way to go. I would have thought that he rocketed out as soon as you picked it up.

/ I like to be helpful, so . . . #8  
beowolf - you have a story, not a nice one though

when we were watching Disney's Ice Age for the first time, I commented about "stupid squirrel" and that has been a family joke with the kids ever since. this might have been a relative

it was likely already a goner I think

/ I like to be helpful, so . . . #10  
I put my shoe on one day and it seemed tight so I took it off and shook it and a squashed mouse fell out. Had to go change my socks.