I purchase a GoKart with Honda engine

/ I purchase a GoKart with Honda engine #1  

deepNdirt

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar YM-1700
I found a goKart for sale today on the local CL, the picture showed it to be having a honda engine, the cart was at a fair price of 200. so I thought I'd go take a look and find out the running condition of the engine? when I first got a glimps of the engine I thought WOH! dang big-ol-engine for a Gokart,11 hp.
the young man replied his dad put that engine on the cart 2 years ago after the original 8 hp locked up and that ever since its been one thing after another breaking on the kart, breaking many belts, I even seen sign where the frame has been patch /welded and one of the rear wheel hubs have been ripped out and re-welded back .... he said he basically has become tired of replacing the things breaking down and just want to sell the kart and buy a scooter, I made a comment about the few mods I'd notice had been made in order to use this Honda engine and the young man said I tell ya what! if you want the kart for 100 bucks its yours...;) I told him I'd take it off his hands,..... I didn't tell him But I was very surprised that a father would have put such an engine on a cart for at the time would have been a 14 year old :cool: anyway the 11 hp. honda engine runs great! electric start or pull start,
I bought the cart for the engine to go on a tiller, but still yet is quite a lot of Hp, for even a tiller, I later looked up the cost to buy a new 11 hp. honda engine like this one and found it to cost over 800 bucks New:thumbsup:
what a deal:D

/ I purchase a GoKart with Honda engine #3  
Now sell the go cart frame as a fixer upper... for $100 :laughing:

/ I purchase a GoKart with Honda engine #4  
Now sell the go cart frame as a fixer upper... for $100 :laughing:

And buy a garden tractor with a blown engine to install your new honda.

Kinda a win/win deal!

PS; I never turn down great engine deals like that!
Always some project or other that wants power.

/ I purchase a GoKart with Honda engine
I have a couple smaller engines from some old pressure washer's I may try put back on the cart and re-sale, I'm sure some of the neighborhood children would beg their parents to have it;) actually I also have another 6.0 hp honda engine could work back on it, although this is a larger of the carts kind with large tires so a 6.0 hp might not be quite enough.... but then again after thinking about it perhaps selling the frame only might be better way, :thumbsup:

/ I purchase a GoKart with Honda engine #6  
I found a goKart for sale today on the local CL, the picture showed it to be having a honda engine, the cart was at a fair price of 200. so I thought I'd go take a look and find out the running condition of the engine? when I first got a glimps of the engine I thought WOH! dang big-ol-engine for a Gokart,11 hp.
the young man replied his dad put that engine on the cart 2 years ago after the original 8 hp locked up and that ever since its been one thing after another breaking on the kart, breaking many belts, I even seen sign where the frame has been patch /welded and one of the rear wheel hubs have been ripped out and re-welded back .... he said he basically has become tired of replacing the things breaking down and just want to sell the kart and buy a scooter, I made a comment about the few mods I'd notice had been made in order to use this Honda engine and the young man said I tell ya what! if you want the kart for 100 bucks its yours...;) I told him I'd take it off his hands,..... I didn't tell him But I was very surprised that a father would have put such an engine on a cart for at the time would have been a 14 year old :cool: anyway the 11 hp. honda engine runs great! electric start or pull start,
I bought the cart for the engine to go on a tiller, but still yet is quite a lot of Hp, for even a tiller, I later looked up the cost to buy a new 11 hp. honda engine like this one and found it to cost over 800 bucks New:thumbsup:
what a deal:D
MY first and only Go Cart.:)
Can you guess what my cousin his dad and I built - TractorByNet.com

nuvz - To answer your questions. - TractorByNet.com

/ I purchase a GoKart with Honda engine #7  
hey hi.....
its good....

/ I purchase a GoKart with Honda engine #8  
And buy a garden tractor with a blown engine to install your new honda.

Kinda a win/win deal!

PS; I never turn down great engine deals like that!
Always some project or other that wants power.

Ya. You are right. I want to buy one too.:cloud9:

/ I purchase a GoKart with Honda engine #9  
Can you show me some pictures?:tractor:

/ I purchase a GoKart with Honda engine #10  
IS this can be used?:cool2:
16927tz.jpg