I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble..

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #11  
Yup it's something that has been going on for years. Kind of scary when it happens.

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #12  
I've seen the term mentioned on Jeep forums, but have never experienced it on any of the Jeeps I've owned.
Me too. And I have owned and driven four Jeeps for a total of almost 900k miles.

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #13  
3 solid front axle jeeps & never felt it
F-250 had me trying to squeeze the gas tank between my knees (old motorcycle technique 😉) every so often!

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #14  
Funny that i see this about Jeep...I have had a number of them in my life..Probably 15 of them or so. I have a near mint 85 CJ renegade, And also a 2022 - 392 that my wife drives. I liked the 392 so much, that i ordered another one for myself and it came in yesterday...And it was clearly painted in 2 different locations before assembly as the top is 5 shades darker than the rest of the truck.. I ordered this from a dealer 1K miles away and signed all the paperwork and paid for it prior to even ever seeing it.. So I'm basically screwed..I ended up just selling it yesterday afternoon to a local dealer, ..I just knew the mis match was going to drive me nuts and i didn't want to deal with a re spray... But back to the OP..fortunately none of our jeeps have ever had the death wobble issue ..maybe just lucky.

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble..
Not exactly. Unlike a car they do have a ladder frame and a transfer case (least my wife's Burb does) and a big V8 gas guzzler too. My 350 rides like a lumber wagon compared to the Burb and if you ever get death wobble, you'll know it instantly. Don't much care for the cylinder cutout on the GM's so I eliminated that. Bad design.

Wonder how much Stellantis will be on the hook for? Probably a wad.

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #18  
I've had 5 dodge ram trucks, (1) 1995 1500, (3) 2500's and (1) 3500
I've definitely experienced death wobble way more than I would like, lol.

My current 2012 2500 had death wobble the day I bought it while I was test driving it with the guy, lol. I felt the steering wheel/truck start going nuts after hitting a bump on the on-ramp to the freeway. I hit the brakes and it settled down, looked over at the guy like WTH? and he was like "what?" Like he didn't notice the truck going nuts and bouncing all over. lol

The fix for this one was remove the cheap spacer lift kit, remove the 37" BFG's (on 17" stock wheels, too much soft sidewall) and get a proper alignment. The alignment specs are critical, my truck is solid now at any speed.

The specs I used from Thuren:
0EPw2II.jpg

Anyone with a 1994-Current Ram, all alignment specs here: www.thurenfabrication.com

Last edited:
   / I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #19  
I've had my 2018 Ram 2500 Power Wagon for five years now - 30K miles. Experienced no death wobble. Man 'O man - my 2005 Jeep TJ could sure get a death wobble. Quickest cure - jam on the brakes. I traded it in before I got involved in any type of permanent cure.

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #20  
My Jeep has a terrible case of Death Wobble. It kicks in at about 35 mph or when I hit a pothole just right. But given its a 1954 (69 years old) I cut it some slack. See if you can count the wear points that can contribute to the shakes. I get nine. :)

1AAC31DA-0904-433B-AA26-CE6423C276E1.jpeg

The ’75 MF 135 does it too. 🥹😃