I Think i Want A STUMP Grapple, Instead Of A Regular Grapple??

/ I Think i Want A STUMP Grapple, Instead Of A Regular Grapple?? #1  

CADplans

Elite Member
Tractor
584 IH 4WD
When I think of uses for another attachment for my loader, moving brush is third or fourth down the list of frequent jobs that need done.

Other than the moving material, and minor digging that my bucket can do,, I think the next attachment needs to be more powerful than my loader bucket.

A stump bucket sure would be a powerful digging tool, adding a grapple to a stump bucket might be just the answer all of my needs,,,

s-l1600.jpg

This looks like a powerful tool. able to dig pretty deep, and able to move rocks that I constantly struggle with,,,

I try to look at most grapple threads, but, I do not think I have seen this type grapple discussed,,

There seems to be several people that offer virtually identical grapples,, even though the specs seem identical, the weight specified varies by 200 pounds,,,

So, has anyone used one of these?
The pic in the thread is from Home - Skid Steer Attachment Depot Any experience with this seller??

/ I Think i Want A STUMP Grapple, Instead Of A Regular Grapple?? #2  
I have one & it's really heavy duty. The actual bucket is 1/2" thick. If go to the YouTube link below you can see where I took down a Hackberry tree with it.

Case IH 125A vs Tree - YouTube

It works unbelievable on a skid steer. Screenshot_20181231-185412_Video%20Player.jpeg

Last edited:
   / I Think i Want A STUMP Grapple, Instead Of A Regular Grapple??
I think the stump bucket would be a help,,
I do have the skid steer adapter on my tractor,, but, right now, this is the max limit of my tree removal capabilities,,,

VJNNguZ.jpg

Even then,, I have no grapple,,:confused2:

Anything I want to move,, has to be secured with a rope, or a chain,,,

ZtDSgCa.jpg

/ I Think i Want A STUMP Grapple, Instead Of A Regular Grapple?? #4  
I got a rock & root grapple. It's a real digging machine. That pictured grapple looks H**L for stout. Brush would be about the only shortfall. Otherwise, it a good looking implement. Don't think I've ever seen one quite that HD.

/ I Think i Want A STUMP Grapple, Instead Of A Regular Grapple?? #5  
I have a stump bucket on a 35 hp tractor. Works great. The only thing I wish is that it had a grapple on it. I think it would be well worth the money and wish I had known more about it when I bought mine.

/ I Think i Want A STUMP Grapple, Instead Of A Regular Grapple?? #6  
I have regular and large round bale style grapples. But I want one that goes the other way, so I can pull a pile of logs out of a forest lengthwise, like a skidder. You don't see them hauling logs out of the bush sideways for obvious reasons.

I looked at the op grapple again. I see absolutely no advantage to this design at all. It would only cause me to abuse my loader and drivetrain if I wanted to use it for, what I thought it might do. I would sooner use a backhoe to dig with and then use the grapple to carry stuff away. My single lid grapple will carry big stones, but pallet forks are generally easier, and easier on the equipment.