Buying Advice I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year!

/ I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year! #61  
What do you mean?

I felt it was worth the fair, if you do not then take your chances on Home owners.

As I was using my tractor for my business I could not rely on home owners insurance & because I did not pay for it completely up front I went with the KTAC & did not regret it.
You said 1,500 covered a big repair, which is true. But if you've got a 60 month note that's $7,500, if a tractor needs that much in the first five years I probably don't want that tractor.

/ I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year! #62  
Okay, what about all the other years? ;)
It’s that same as all insurance. I never used my car insurance for 20 years, until my vehicle was stolen on vacation. I got a nearly new diesel truck from the insurance company.

/ I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year! #63  
You said 1,500 covered a big repair, which is true. But if you've got a 60 month note that's $7,500, if a tractor needs that much in the first five years I probably don't want that tractor.
The insurance also covers loss by accident, fire, theft, or other things.

/ I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year! #64  
The insurance also covers loss by accident, fire, theft, or other things.
Insurance is only good for sellers of insurance and folks that have an accident/incident, everyone else just gets screwed. I like to not get screwed as much as possible. Will I be 100% happy if something happens? Probably not. Would I be 100% happy with KTAC? Maybe, maybe not. For the price is KTAC worth it? Wasn't to me, that's all.

/ I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year! #65  
Insurance is only good for sellers of insurance and folks that have an accident/incident, everyone else just gets screwed. I like to not get screwed as much as possible. Will I be 100% happy if something happens? Probably not. Would I be 100% happy with KTAC? Maybe, maybe not. For the price is KTAC worth it? Wasn't to me, that's all.
Sure. Everyone makes their own choices about insurance. I did win on homeowners recently: a new steel roof due to hail damage on the old shingle roof.

/ I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year!
Today I took delivery of a new TYM T1104 with TX110 loader. The decision did not come easy, but after my best friend at Kubota said he could not get the model I wanted and could not quote a firm price or delivery date..... Went to local Kioti dealer that said they did not stock any of the larger models and could not quote a firm price or service the emissions.... I found several near local TYM dealers that wanted to sell a tractor without waiting a year.

The TYM uses DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) and a catalist with an engine that seems to be well proven in off road equipment.

Time will tell if they are as reliable as my 22 year old Kubota M6800, but it has a good feel to it and I have needed a cab for many years as well as more hp for various projects.

Last edited:
   / I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year! #68  
Congrats on your TYM. When I was looking, I checked out a few used TYM's, and I was impressed with them.

/ I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year! #69  
Don't work for me as there are no dealers around here and ai some point, you'll need dealer intervention

/ I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year!
DEP????????????
All new tractors over 70 hp have it. Hope it it trouble free since so many skid steers use the Doosan engine.
Don't work for me as there are no dealers around here and ai some point, you'll need dealer intervention
Dealer are popping up around here, but they are all pretty small dealers relying on larger distribution and service centers.