I Went and Named My T7

/ I Went and Named My T7 #1  

Argonne

Gold Member
Tractor
JD2210, Ford 4400, Case IH 685, Terramite T7, JD 6x4 M-Gator
I have never had the inclination to name any vehicle I have ever owned, and don't understand those that do, but today after driving my T7 1/2 mile to where I was going to use the hoe to tension some fence we were installing, I proclaimed that it would heretofore be known as "Lightning".

I constantly remind myself that its ground speed is the price of it's simplicity and attractive price, but some days it's really hard.:confused2:

Last edited:
   / I Went and Named My T7 #2  
Some vehicles I do/have, some I don't.

The name has to 'come' from some characteristic of the object if it receives a 'name'.

/ I Went and Named My T7 #3  
I owned a Chevy truck several years before it was painted red. Years later it's still the white truck. Aside from that bit of nonsense, they are referred to as pickup, van, Grand, jeep, green jeep, Power Wagon.

/ I Went and Named My T7 #4  
I'm with Wagtail. Nothing more annoying than my MIL and her stupid, cutesy names for her cars.

/ I Went and Named My T7 #5  
About the only complaint that I have about my terramite is the speed or lack there of. I never notice it when working in small areas but if you have to travel any distance it takes for ever to get from one place to the other. It makes the job take much longer to get done.

/ I Went and Named My T7 #6  
I may be wrong but it seems to me the machines that an owner gives there machine is a reflection on how they will operate & maintain there machine.
most all the old farmers I know have given names to there equipment & are proud to show they still work years after there end of use times.
if you name it "MONEY PIT" or "GOOD FOR NOTHING" you may be less likely to operate & maintain it correctly. "Honey the "Good for nothing" is leaking again!!
it no longer is a piece of steel but like all things needs care & attention. You know you already talk to it when when it does not act the way you believe it should.
if you name the same machine say Lucy or George or Yellow Girl that machine may receive a little more care. "Honey George has a leak again.
It is how you think about the equipment. The Good for Nothing or a LZ#### is doomed already.
The Lucy or George have personality. if you overworked the yellow girl you know you are to blame for her repairs. if you over work the LZ#### well they should have made it stronger now I have to repair it.
perhaps that is why some do not want t o name there machines.

/ I Went and Named My T7 #7  
I may be wrong but it seems to me the machines that an owner gives there machine is a reflection on how they will operate & maintain there machine.
most all the old farmers I know have given names to there equipment & are proud to show they still work years after there end of use times.
if you name it "MONEY PIT" or "GOOD FOR NOTHING" you may be less likely to operate & maintain it correctly. "Honey the "Good for nothing" is leaking again!!
it no longer is a piece of steel but like all things needs care & attention. You know you already talk to it when when it does not act the way you believe it should.
if you name the same machine say Lucy or George or Yellow Girl that machine may receive a little more care. "Honey George has a leak again.
It is how you think about the equipment. The Good for Nothing or a LZ#### is doomed already.
The Lucy or George have personality. if you overworked the yellow girl you know you are to blame for her repairs. if you over work the LZ#### well they should have made it stronger now I have to repair it.
perhaps that is why some do not want t o name there machines.

I have a TD7G.

I haven't any sentimental names. I have only Red trucks. I bought a 1976 Chevy C65 on November 16 2006 I know the date exactly because it was the day before my wife's birthday. The trip did not go well. We arrived home after midnight. She viewed it that I bought another old clunker on her birthday. For a number of years it was white. It became "the white truck" It might be 8 years ago I put in rocker panels, cab corners, and door skins. It got painted Red then. Still it is "the white truck"

I'm now in process of replacing it. I will move the dump body to a former fire truck. I'm confident it will gain the name "Fire Truck"

The exception is the backhoe. It is so versatile it goes far beyond a Crescent Wrench. The boys, and the other boys I can't seem to drive off call it "the yellow wrench" It is involved in EVERY project:

Plant a tree, one scoop. Build a fence, of course!

buy a 24 foot square house, Can I borrow it?

I'm getting married, I want to clear a pine forest to put an event tent, Can I borrow it? By the way, I need the bulldozer too.

I love my sons. Those i never deducted on income tax give me less heartburn, but are no less a burden. The IRS knows about two, there are another four neither my wife, or I have DNA match. They like it this way, Thanksgiving dinner is a bit crowded, but we like it too. So far no grandchildren, but I have a fear there will be about 10 in two years.