I would give....

/ I would give.... #1  

Mike_Dumond

Gold Member
Tractor
B6100D Kubota
I would give my left n.., well never mind, but I sure would like to know how old my b6100d is. Ser # B6001-25536. Anybody know the secret of this?

/ I would give.... #2  
<font color=blue>...my b6100d is. Ser # B6001-25536...</font color=blue>

I'm decoding the above to mean B6100DT 4WD...

If so, 1978 is the magic number.

Oh, I almost forgot... you can keep it.../w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ I would give.... #3  
Have we been reduced to that? Trading body parts on TBN? I thought this only happened on Ebay.

Sorry, couldn't resist that one. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

The GlueGuy

/ I would give....
Thanks John. And as for keepng it, well, I wouldn't part with it for most anything. Me and my tractor been through alot. Just something about dragging your elbows in the dirt that you can't get on a larger machine.

/ I would give....
Glueguy, if you look close, you'll notice I didn't finish the statement. Damn, that was close.

/ I would give.... #6  
Does anyone know why the left n.. seems to be the more valuable of the two?
Just wondering

/ I would give.... #7  
Mike,

Go to "www.tractortips.com". Click on "specs and serial numbers", then follow the instructions.

According to that site, your "D" model was indeed made in 1978, as John Miller suggested. However, it appears that if you have the "DT" model instead, those were not produced until 1980. Don't know how accurate this info is.

Frank

/ I would give.... #8  
Hmmmm, good point Kubmech.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ I would give....
Well, kubmech, it seems that the n..'s are slightly different in size, with the right one being larger, for the most part. If I had to give one away, I'd choose the smaller one. Just a thought.