Ice makers-anyone know them?

/ Ice makers-anyone know them? #11  
Water is freezing in the supply line in the back of the unit? Filter is needing replaced?
I'd vote for one of these or, also, possibly very dirty compessor coils overheating.

/ Ice makers-anyone know them? #12  
Condenser coils dirty or possibly a defrost control. Or something in the water supply. Really it could be anything.

/ Ice makers-anyone know them? #13  

Much cheaper than fridge with ice maker. No need for extra plumbing, just keep adding water. Also cheap enough to attempt DIY repairs before replacing it

/ Ice makers-anyone know them? #14  
I think Oaktree is right.🤣 The ice maker in our refrigerator was replaced - again - yesterday, as is done at least once a year. And this time it took the technician a couple of months to get the right part from Sears. So for a couple of months I've been using the old fashioned ice trays and having more ice than we could use.
I just got done replacing the ice maker in our 21 year old refrigerator a few minutes ago. It was replaced with a generic for Whirlpool/Maytag (ours is an old Maytag.) Man what a job to get the the auger bucket out and unplugged, you need to have arms like an orangutan and about the same height too. Needless to say I had a hard time and did not enjoy it even one bit. $70 for the new icemaker if anyone wants to know. I hope it works.

/ Ice makers-anyone know them? #15  
Does it have a defrost coil? Does it have excessive ice buildup?

/ Ice makers-anyone know them? #16  
Have a Scotsman Ice maker in my kitchen. Love it. Makes perfect cubes for soft drinks, adult beverages or when one of the kids needs lots of ice for a bruise, or a cooler for sports drinks.
Generally, it works great. It happily harvests cubes.
However, once every few months, the cubes melt and it stops harvesting cubes. It won’t make enough cubes to keep the tub full to the point where it just runs and makes nothing.
I tried cleaning it and looking for anything, but there’s nothing obvious
Finally, I just began unplugging it for 2 days, then plugging it back in. It triggers something and it works again very well.
Any idea why it stops making cubes, then works again after 2 days of being turned off?
View attachment 716790

View attachment 716791
Had one in the Louisiana kitchen. Liked it; so got one here. Had trouble getting repair people to come fix it. Finally shut it down. Just using the ice maker in my kitchen frig down here in the basement.

/ Ice makers-anyone know them? #17  
I have seen many people install these things and never put an ice maker filter on the water line. And those that do, never replace them.
Sooner ,or later, either will cause problems

/ Ice makers-anyone know them? #18  
Ive had 2 dedicated ice makers installed downstairs over the last 20 years. They do only use the ice to keep cold. They are not freezers. The reason is they want the older ice to melt off and always have fresh ice.
I have to descale them every few years to clear scale off of unit, especially if it uses cutting wires.
im not sure what is causing ice to stop, but I’m thinking it’s freezing the water supply line. Scaling of water line may be causing issues if supply line is getting occluded allowing for easier freezing to occur.
have you tried looking up an operator manual and see if there are any troubleshooting tips.

/ Ice makers-anyone know them? #19  
Water is freezing in the supply line in the back of the unit? Filter is needing replaced?
Forgiven the quote above as I can’t post without it
on my machine ,fill sensor was bad. Same symptoms as op
turning machine off would reset and it would make cubes until sensor failed again
expensive part

/ Ice makers-anyone know them? #20  
I just got done replacing the ice maker in our 21 year old refrigerator a few minutes ago. It was replaced with a generic for Whirlpool/Maytag (ours is an old Maytag.) Man what a job to get the the auger bucket out and unplugged, you need to have arms like an orangutan and about the same height too. Needless to say I had a hard time and did not enjoy it even one bit. $70 for the new icemaker if anyone wants to know. I hope it works.
The auger bucket is full of ice, seems to be working.