Ideal height for new work bench

/ Ideal height for new work bench #11  
Seen these adjustable work tables at Home Depot. Very well built and 300 pound capacity. Not for hard pounding or heavy work. Looks like a good solution for lighter work and being able to adjust height.

SmartSelect_20200916-100410_Chrome.jpg

/ Ideal height for new work bench #12  
I can see the advantage in being able to adjust height. My favorite 3 benches are 36, 38 and 40" tall. I'm 6'. All of the benches are very sturdy and not adjustable.

Even though there is only a few inches different in height, I find that it makes a big difference when I'm working on something. I might even move the project around between benches until the height is comfortable.

/ Ideal height for new work bench #13  
Set the height so that most of the time your forearms are level when working.

Bruce

I was scrolling through the responses preparing to suggest about elbow height while standing.
Right about where you are suggesting.

/ Ideal height for new work bench #15  
I do mine at standard kitchen counter height, about 36". I had done one a little higher years ago (since I am tall) and it was comfortable to work at, but I could not reach across it vary far. So the standard height is pretty good for me.

/ Ideal height for new work bench #16  
Mine is about a quarter inch lower than my table saw, just in case I need it for a run-out table.

/ Ideal height for new work bench #17  
The lighter the work, the higher the work surface.

Work placed in the BENCH VICE should be at ELBOW height for most comfortable filing!

/ Ideal height for new work bench #18  
I made a big oak work bench. It's at 35". If I push the clutter around enough - I might even get to see the top.