Ideas for service ramp

/ Ideas for service ramp #1  

Cuttingrass

Tractor
Bobcat 4045 Shuttle
What are you using to lift your tractor for service ?

I’d like to build wood cribs, or ramps to elevate the tractor. I’m working on grass so jack stands are possible if placed on something solid. I’d prefer a wide drive on ramp, using a farm jack to lift the tractor feels risky. I’ve looked at “race ramps”, but at $400 and a bit narrow they don’t feel like a great solution. Is anybody simply lifting front end with loader and sliding 2x10 under front wheels..?

/ Ideas for service ramp #2  
I bought the 13,000 ramps from HF. My dually with a weight of 4800 on the front axle crushed them to pieces.

So I cut 6- 4 x 4 x 12 inches long then 8- 2 x 6 x 18. Then used the 2 x 6 to run N to S and the 4 x 4 running E to W. Make sandwich of 2 - 2 x 6, then 3 - 4x4 spread evenly then 2 more 2 x 6. They are heavy to move around but I feel safe under them. I use the aluminum ramps from my dump trailer laying flat on the ground to make a step to drive up on to the blocks. .A short piece of rope makes a good handle to carry them.

I do not trust the stamped steel ramps nor the plastic ramps. And the wood blocks work on any surface.

/ Ideas for service ramp #3  
Just did this the other day. I’ve got some 6x6 that are around 2’ long I drove the back up on and used bucket to jack front up and put blocks under. I just wanted enough clearance to get a five gal bucket under it.
You could lag bolt them together to make it as wide as you want.

/ Ideas for service ramp #4  
I've never had need to lift a tractor other than change tire or replace axles so farm jack then cribing under one corner is used. If you are just wanting additional ground clearance under your Cat 4045 a pair of ramps like I use to change oil in my F450 Diesel should work. Dropping loader would make it easier and open more options.

/ Ideas for service ramp #5  
When I chain up my CUT I simply use a bottle jack that I place under the center of my differential and raise my CUT just enough to allow the chains to clear.
I then rotate a wheel and wrap that chain into position and then close the hooks.

I tried other methods but this worked out as the best way.

/ Ideas for service ramp #6  
I never raised my tractor for an oil change but if I was going to I’d lift it with the loader and put 6x6 or whatever height you want blocks under the tires.

/ Ideas for service ramp #7  
Neither have I (so far) seen the need to jack up my CUT.....except when mounting chains....like Piloon.....But I'm a small guy that can scoot under tight places if need be.:unsure: BTW be sure to block the tires....just in case......
Cheers,
Mike

Attachments

• 2296.JPG
    2296.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 110
  • 2297.JPG
    2297.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 113
   / Ideas for service ramp #8  
I never raised my tractor for an oil change but if I was going to I’d lift it with the loader and put 6x6 or whatever height you want blocks under the tires.
Which brings up the question as to why OP want's to raise his and what he found it so difficult about it he needed to ask for help.

/ Ideas for service ramp
Thanks for feedback and idea’s. My chest (& waist, elbows) barely fit between the ground and loader frame. My goal is to simplify fluid change, and torque loader frame bolts as needed. I’ve probably over-thunk this activity; I’ll use the loader to lift and support with 2x10’s, etc.