Identify this Truck?

/ Identify this Truck? #41  
I never knew about a high output heater. They probably weren't needed this far south.
I don't remember much about it, just vaguely recall the discussion he had with a friend at the time. It's amazing the mundane memories from 45 years ago, which this thread brings back.

/ Identify this Truck? #42  
It's starting to come back to me. You had to pay extra for a "High output heater."

That makes sense. My father ordered a '78 F150, which in itself was a step above the F100. He wasn't one to pay for frills but wanted carpet as he was tired of water getting trapped under the rubber mat and not escaping. Other options he was looking for were limited slip and rear sliding window, and he bought the 302 4-speed.

I never felt that the 302 was much of an engine. I had a couple of 300 I-6 pickups which had as much if not more power. Either engine could give around 18 mpg though, with the 4 speed creeper transmission. They also seemed to be pretty tough; it was easy to get 100K + at a time when many engines were toast before then.

I had a 79 150 Custom 4x4 with the 300 6 and bulldog 4 speed. Loved the truck. No ac so like a doofus I traded up.

/ Identify this Truck? #43  
its not a bronco and doesnt have square headlights. without looking it up 1975 f series
That's a Bronco; early version Gen 2.

- Look at the back seat.
- Look at how short the "bed" is; it's itsy bitsy tiny
- Look at the ridge along the back of the cab; that's where the half-top butts up to the cab and seals

/ Identify this Truck? #44  
Had one of those bought it in 85 with 120 k miles drove it to 500 k miles then the 351 m gave up the ghost. [yours is a 400m which is a 351 m with larger heads] Best thing on mine was the ford sticker on it that said non catalyst. No pollution crap.

I yanked the 351 and put in balanced blueprinted 600 hp 460 Edelbrock manifold holly 750 double pumper ,hooker headers ,456 gears ,8" lift 17x40 MM. One of the best trucks I ever owned. In the late 90's raced a young kid with a crx pos in a quarter mile drag and crushed him. It would blow away vet's off the line but would never go over 90 mph. Pass everything cept a gas station. So, I put in a 45-gal gas tank.

Only sold it when I had kids. Could not fit a baker scaffold and a car seat in it at the same time. Mine was the same color combo but it was a xlt. Have a picture of mine sitting over my desk at work. As far as rust goes it only had a few bubbles over the rear quatres. My 99 f350 and my 01-excursion rusted way faster and worse than the bronco did.

They're getting stupid money for those now. I looked at a supposed survivor in ok condition they were asking 50 k. I bought mine for $750.00. But then again, I bought a 383 Roadrunner in the 80, s for $500. Times Shure have changed you could by a new pickup for 5k back then now it's common to see them for 80k. I Shure as hell don't make 20 times what did back then. 🍻