If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up.

/ If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up. #21  
The stop is built onto the loader arm and contacts the bottom surface of the brackets for the lower pins. I can see the stops in the last picture

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up. #22  
Ahhh. There in lies the problem. The aftermarket forks are not designed for the new loader. Look at the stops on the loader. Unless those are for the stand only.
Put a load on the forks. Let gravity pull them down a few inches. I think you’ll find once they drop a bit, it will work.
Did you specify your loader was an 80-Series when buying the forks?

• Good Post
   / If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up. #23  
Here's the stops.
20210801_101752.jpeg

It appears there might be a difference in the stops between the swifttach loader and the standard loader, maybe that's the problem? Also why the stand doesn't work with the fork frame?

/ If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up.
The stand doesn't work with the fork frame because it has no accomodations to mount the front part of the stand (by that I mean the end nearest the bucket.) With the front part not securely attached to anything the rear most part rolls out of the keeper and it all falls down.

I believe the newest loader (80 series) is the only one with one center cylinder. I did specify because in their stock photos the pictures showed mounts on the frame for the old loader with no center cylinder. I had a long discussion making sure of that.

So, it is designed for the new loader, but only "sorta" . My bucket is back on now and here is one side of the stops on the bucket for reference. All in all that wouldn't be terribly difficult to copy and fabricate.

IMG_20210801_104955495.jpg

• Good Post
Thanks for the help fellas! As soon as someone mentioned it extending to over center and no stops I thought that was probably it! Without y'all I wouldn't have known what to look for.

/ If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up. #26  
Yes, as mentioned that's the parking stand. With the bucket removed it just dangles.
So it attaches to the bucket? If so, it must attach at the same pivot pins the fork thing does. That is why i asked - wondering if that thing (stand) had anything to do with being a stop limt.

It doesn't. I have the bucket back on now but still without the park stand.

It's hard to explain but the stand attached to the bucket at the pivot pins and then is just very loosely attached everywhere else. It's hinged in the middle and has rollers in the back part that allow it to slide back and forth. I looked it all over hard to make sure it wasn't needed for anything aside from a loader prop before I pulled it off.

/ If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up. #28  
So it attaches to the bucket? If so, it must attach at the same pivot pins the fork thing does. That is why i asked - wondering if that thing (stand) had anything to do with being a stop limt.

Here are a couple of shots of my LA344 with bucket and loader stand on. In case anyone wanted a reference on the stand.

IMG_1607.JPG
IMG_1608.JPG

Last edited:
   / If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up. #29  
Great pictures -- always a huge help in understanding/explaining.

/ If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up. #30  
I experienced something similar one winter with my 2001 BX2200. Using the bucket to push snow, At start up the bucket would not tilt back until the machine warmed up. All the other hydraulics worked fine just not the tilt back. I considered two possibilities - water in the lines or low fluid level. All I did was keep an eye on fluid level and running the tractor using just the back blade to push snow and when the machine warmed up all worked well on FEL side. This problem seemed to take less time to fix itself over the winter and was gone by spring. This was in about 2013 and I have not experienced the problem again. The warm up period took about 15 minutes.

I have 2715 hours on the BX tractor now and kind of glad I took my time to observe the problem. Still not sure why this happened but again it no longer does this whether the hydraulic fluid is warm or cold?