If low resale, estimate this

/ If low resale, estimate this #1  

TWest

Great forum. This is my first post and I'm looking to buy my first tractor. I pass a 2001 Cub 7200 for sale everyday by the roadside with 40 hrs on it, and with what I've read here, the resale is low on Cub. What would be considered a good deal on this tractor (tractor only). I've just purchased 27 acres and plan to mow most of it and I'm considering a FEL also. Is this tractor even big enough. From what I've read its 20hp, 4x4.
Thanks in advance
T. West

/ If low resale, estimate this #2  
27 acres is a bit much for 20 HP.
Best bet is at least 30 or 40 HP.

/ If low resale, estimate this #3  
Are you just going to mow and do a little loader work, or are you planning to do moderate landscaping? Also, are you going to mow the whole 27 acres? I had a 7200 and I liked it very much. it will easilly run a 60" grooming mower and a small tiller. I had a loader on mine, but since I was in the woods quite a bit, I opted for a 26 HP Cub with agricultural tires.
Depending on what year it is, how many hours, overall condition, etc., I would not pay more than $8000 for the bare tractor. Machinerylink.com lists them for $9k-something in fair condition, but I have found nice 7336's with loaders for $13000.
Finally, do not be afraid of considering a Cub Cadet. They are well built and in my mind, are just as good as blue, green or orange; they just don't have all of the frills.