If there are aliens, what will they look like?

/ If there are aliens, what will they look like? #81  
The very question gets to religion very quickly. Its in a sense, a religious frame work, that there is other intelligent life out there: that has to conform to other established religions. Its the base of religions belief here in, all our many religions traditions show to follow? Sci-fi has to play the game for the market they wish to sell too. So in a Western world we will never see any thing that will let sci-fi allow any thing else but a WHITE GUY, to fix things. In a sci-fi fantasy, with the exception of Aliens. So, that's what people think science is. They have been crafted by what sells and people buy because they don't know better. The Alien stuff has always followed this.
Aliens Can't Get Here. Its too far away. And we can't get there, cause its too far away.

So we make up all sorts of things to get a around the speed of light, and accept those things to be possibly real. So far we know the speed of light is a limit. And all you people that think quantum mechanics breaks this, of which, you guys can live in my back yard, till the LSD wears off..... Then, you will have to move on. :)

/ If there are aliens, what will they look like? #82  
I suspect we can't travel fast because all the Quantum mechanics are in Africa.

:)

Bruce

/ If there are aliens, what will they look like?
I think aliens may already be living among us. Just go into any Wal-Mart after 2:00AM, and you'll see some likely candidates roaming around buying Earth dodads to take back with them when the mothership returns.

In a more serious note, what are tour thoughts on panspermia, the possibility that life on Earth was "seeded" by meteors or asteroids that contained the genetic material of life from another planet in another solar system?

/ If there are aliens, what will they look like? #85  
I think they would look like us; pretty sure we crash landed here. If not us, then octopuses. Octopuses definitely crash landed here. They (Octopuses, cuttlefish, and the like) have no genetic cousins and they're super weird. I don't think we should be eating them.

/ If there are aliens, what will they look like? #86  
In a more serious note, what are your thoughts on panspermia, the possibility that life on Earth was "seeded" by meteors or asteroids that contained the genetic material of life from another planet in another solar system?
There's been more than one theory discussing that...and, why not? It's as viable a theory as any others...

/ If there are aliens, what will they look like? #88  
In a more serious note, what are tour thoughts on panspermia, the possibility that life on Earth was "seeded" by meteors or asteroids that contained the genetic material of life from another planet in another solar system?
That makes as much sense as any other theory.
They (Octopuses, cuttlefish, and the like) have no genetic cousins and they're super weird. I don't think we should be eating them.
I don't. ;)

/ If there are aliens, what will they look like? #89  
I think aliens may already be living among us. Just go into any Wal-Mart after 2:00AM, and you'll see some likely candidates roaming around buying Earth dodads to take back with them when the mothership returns.

You have to wait till 2am to see them????

Heck the one up the street you can see them anytime after mid morning

/ If there are aliens, what will they look like? #90  
Let's keep science fiction to the movies, where it belongs. I read lots of science fiction books but understand that the universe as we are told by the NAZA shamans is nothing more than CGI and cartoons.