If you are living in a rural area and have trouble getting high-quality internet but 5g At&t service available, try to find att internet air.

/ If you are living in a rural area and have trouble getting high-quality internet but 5g At&t service available, try to find att internet air. #1  

jkk04

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 410 backhoe, MF 30 industrial tractor, IH TD-14 dozer, New Holland TZ24DA
My area does not have many options to get quality internet service except satellite internet.
So I have had it for 3 years and got it from a cell phone hotspot connection last 7 years.

Recently, I discovered that At&t offers wireless internet by 5G service and ordered it.
Fortunately, my area has 5G available. (my cell phone is 5g by At&t)

There is no time to setup just plug and play.

It is great so far and I am very happy.
Highly recommended
Jkk

/ If you are living in a rural area and have trouble getting high-quality internet but 5g At&t service available, try to find att internet air. #2  
We have had their "Fixed Wireless" for 3 years, which is the same thing as the "Internet Air" only it operates on the 4g network. It has worked well for our use.

We got a letter from AT&T about a month ago telling us to upgrade to the new service... only problem is they do NOT have 5g service in the area.

/ If you are living in a rural area and have trouble getting high-quality internet but 5g At&t service available, try to find att internet air. #3  
This absolutely chaps my bottom. I have fiber out at the street, but can't get the local internet provider out to put a port in so their techs can tie us in.

We've been waiting 3 months now

/ If you are living in a rural area and have trouble getting high-quality internet but 5g At&t service available, try to find att internet air. #4  
I have fiber in front of my house, they want 2K to hook me up to it!

There's NO way I'm paying that.

SR

/ If you are living in a rural area and have trouble getting high-quality internet but 5g At&t service available, try to find att internet air.

SR
Actually, I was considering getting Starlink but the cost was between $100-$150 per month. I can't afford it for retired guys.

/ If you are living in a rural area and have trouble getting high-quality internet but 5g At&t service available, try to find att internet air. #6  

SR
No charge here. They alotted one port for house. The issue is my place is new construction, so we are waiting on their construction department to install the port.

Once the ports installed the can finish hooking use up. I already have fiber run from our camper to the temporary pole.

Their tech actually has the box installed on the temporary pole. They just need to install the port up the street and string the line.

/ If you are living in a rural area and have trouble getting high-quality internet but 5g At&t service available, try to find att internet air. #7  
I have HughesNet. Had it for many, many years. It's not super fast and weather definitely affects it. It's the ONLY internet service available at my remote location. I should live long enough to see anything like fiber optics.

Actually - there may NEVER be anything like fiber optics out here. It will mean the end of ranching/open range lands and a house on every acre or so. I'll be long gone before that will happen.

/ If you are living in a rural area and have trouble getting high-quality internet but 5g At&t service available, try to find att internet air. #8  
This absolutely chaps my bottom. I have fiber out at the street, but can't get the local internet provider out to put a port in so their techs can tie us in.

We've been waiting 3 months now
We lost out landline and internet due to a wildfire on Aug. 18th. Finally got the fibre optic cable into the house about a month ago. I spent an hour and a half on the phone making arrangements for the new service and to include TV only to have the appointment cancelled by e-mail 1/2 hour later. Haven't heard back since then. I've been using a hot spot on my cell phone. It's expensive and very annoying to use. With no landline, I need to keep my cell in my pocket in order to hear it and every time I don't touch the computer for a minute or two or leave the room for a few seconds it disconnects and I have to spend a couple of minutes getting it going again.

/ If you are living in a rural area and have trouble getting high-quality internet but 5g At&t service available, try to find att internet air. #9  
A few months ago I ditched my land line and dsl for AT&T wireless as it's about 65$/month cheaper. I knew their coverage map was optimistic but there's a 5G tower about 2 miles away.
I rarely see that and never at the house. When I do, it seems to be as slow or slower than the LTE my phone shows now. I can use my phone as a hotspot but have to drive to the other end of my property to do so.

What I like about it is that I bought my own phone so there's no contract. Next year I will have a building on top of my hill, and use that for my office.

/ If you are living in a rural area and have trouble getting high-quality internet but 5g At&t service available, try to find att internet air. #10  
Actually, I was considering getting Starlink but the cost was between $100-$150 per month. I can't afford it for retired guys.
How much per month is it? Does it have a cap or max data download?