If you did it again, what would you change?

/ If you did it again, what would you change? #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I would have bought 2 tractors! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

I would have bought 1 tractor...instead of just shopped for one. Maybe someday soon. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ If you did it again, what would you change? #12  
I'd get a hydro. I bought a used 1725 which I really like and saved a lot of money, but if I buy another tractor someday it will be a hydro. I do alot of loader work. Grinding gears gets old real quick.

/ If you did it again, what would you change? #13  
checking machines out at the fryberg fair

I was kinda partial to the Case-IH Farmall I saw there, but that's a RED tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ If you did it again, what would you change?
Dad liked that one too. It was his favorite.

Kind of surprised that the dealers didn't bring more tractors. Would really have liked to see a TC33 or case equiv there.

/ If you did it again, what would you change? #15  
Union Farm Equipment usually has a bunch of stuff, but there was such a crowd of people around I didn't get a very good look at them this year.
I have heard allot of good things about them.
I am sure you know that Case and NH are the same, but I like the looks of the Case-IH better. I think it's just because I like the color over blue.
How much mowing does you Dad want to do? Does he prefer hydro or gear? Not to start a hydro vs. gear war, but hydros are better for mowing because the speed is infinitely variable.
Also, what type tires?

/ If you did it again, what would you change?
He's got about 10 acres of fields. This year we cut them twice, I think he'll try for 3-4 X per year.

Definitely a Hydro tranny.

Probably go for the R4 tires - That's what I've used on my tractor when we trailer it up there. Plenty of traction & you can cross the lawn w/o causing big ruts.

Talked with my dealer (Chappell Tractor in Brentwood, NH)today - only $2,800 diff in price between a TC33DA and a TC40DA.

Thanks for the feedback on union, we'll keep them in mind.

/ If you did it again, what would you change? #17  
You're welcome.
Chappell is where my brother-in-law goes for parts on his FORD 7710 and 555B. They must treat hiom OK becasue he drives all the way to NH to visit them even though there is a NH dealer in Scarborough.
Good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ If you did it again, what would you change? #18  
I bought my TC 21 D from Union Farm. Very happy with them. If I had it to do over would have gotten a bigger tractor probably a NH TC 33 or Case /IH DX 33.

/ If you did it again, what would you change? #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Definitely a Hydro tranny. )</font>

Each time I buy a new tractor I get a biggr one. I think a TN75 with electro hydro shuttle would be just about right. Right now I'd like a bigger one than my TN to pick up the monster rocks I working with. They pull the TN rear off the ground, with loaded tires and 1500 # on the 3 pt.

Andy

/ If you did it again, what would you change? #20  
If the Kioti CK30 was out when I bought my LK3054, I might have gone for it. Since I probably would not have gotten as good a deal, then I probably wouldn't have done anything different at all. At 118hrs I'm still delighted, and I often think while I'm working that if I had bought one of the other tractors I looked at while shopping, I would have had less capability to do the jobs I need to do.