If you hit a dog in the road, would you stop

/ If you hit a dog in the road, would you stop #51  
Given that I know the answer.....I'll ask anyway!

Who's responsible if a deer hits YOU??!!

I used to drive a Miata so, a pretty small car. Live in country and lots of deer around here. I've learned that if you see one, there is usually one or several more behind it.

I was driving to work one early morning, driving down my "1 1/2" lane county road (sometimes hard for two vehicles to pass without someone going onto shoulder)

Suddenly, I see a deer so I reflexively hit the brakes to slow down/stop. The deer prances across the road in front of me. There was however, the 'dufas' deer behind the lead deer. Dufas deer must not have been too bright.

I was at a dead standstill and the deer simply ran into the front fender of the car. Didn't damage anything. Deer just stopped, paused, then bolted after the first deer.

I just shook my head. I've heard of people hitting deer but I had never heard of a deer hitting the car. I got out to look at the car to look for blood or something (none) but nicely, there was a clean spot where the deer wiped off the surface dirt of the car!!

/ If you hit a dog in the road, would you stop #52  
I only remember hitting one dog in my life when I was just out of HS. He came out of the ditch in front of me and died on impact. We stopped at the nearest house, where the people living there said that it had been hanging around for a few days, and most likely was a stray. It made me wish I had run the "Dumpee" over instead...

/ If you hit a dog in the road, would you stop
If someone hit one of our dogs; I don't think I'd want them to stop. Nothing you can do about it; if the dog was barely grazed, it will recover when it limps home; if its more then a broken bone, like internal damage or multiples of broken/crushed bones, its gonna die anyways. I dont see the situation getting better knowing. If I was right there, and my dog got hit, I guess I could put it down, and stop its suffering.

Just to be 100% clear, I didn't hit a dog. I have in the past, one a two lane, 55 mph road, with deep ditches on either side, at night, out in potatoe/cabbage field area. And 100%, I didn't stop. I checked my bumper when I got to town and carried on. Not saying that like I was happy to hit the dog, but more of a matter of fact thing; Yep I hit a dog, Yep truck is mostly fine, ok, on with my life.

As a kid, we had dogs, with names, and cats that noone ever bothered naming. If a dog got seriously sick or injured, it was no different procedure then any animal. Shoot it, and bury it deep enough scavengers don't dig it up. Only difference was, yes, we where upset when it happened, without a doubt, but that is life. We didn't have the money to take them to a Vet, heck, we only went to a human doctor if absolutely needed. As I got older, I had a beagle-jack rustle mutt, that I had for probably 8 years, something happened to her back and she couldn't move her resr legs. That dog did get put down at a vet.

/ If you hit a dog in the road, would you stop
On a funnier side, I went to Rural King last night and on the way home, through a dark swampy area, no lights, ect I saw a deer on the yellow line. I got ready to slow, but car infront of me didn't. They hit the deer, and slow down, then drive on (probably to somewhere they could see, gas station about 5 miles up the road). I slow down, see the deer flop once or twice and lay down dead. I stop, thinking, heck fresh meat, might loose a shoulder, but two good hams and back straps atleast. As I parked on shoulder, looking for a knife to cut the throat, a dually hit it square on, and i swear it about exploded. One big 'splatter' on my rear tire, and some 'droplets' along the drivers side of the truck. That one the Yotes and vultures can keep.

/ If you hit a dog in the road, would you stop #55  
I just shook my head. I've heard of people hitting deer but I had never heard of a deer hitting the car. I got out to look at the car to look for blood or something (none) but nicely, there was a clean spot where the deer wiped off the surface dirt of the car!!
I was driving at night when a deer plowed into the side of my car. Damaged the front quarter panel, front door, rear door and rear quarter panel. I turned around and saw 15-20 deer all around the road. Could not find an injured deer. My insurance did not go up.

_DSC8707.JPG

/ If you hit a dog in the road, would you stop #56  
A supervisor had a bear run into the side of his company car years ago. It's amazing how much damage that did.

/ If you hit a dog in the road, would you stop #57  
I used to make house calls on the mentally ill. After 20 years of that my co-workers and I all knew that some of the craziest* people we dealt with didn't live in the inner city but out in the sticks. And too many of them had guns. I would feel bad for the dog, but NO I would not stop.
*probably can't say "craziest" anymore. Feel free to insert politically correct language.

/ If you hit a dog in the road, would you stop #58  
To those of you that value a dogs life more then a humans, how do you feel about a cows?
A deers?
Snakes?
mosquitoes?

/ If you hit a dog in the road, would you stop #59  
To those of you that value a dogs life more then a humans, how do you feel about a cows?
A deers?
Snakes?
mosquitoes?
All good eating....except the mosquitos...lol

/ If you hit a dog in the road, would you stop #60  
I worry about folks who repeatedly mention their anthropomorphized pets by name... and refer their kids as "My Child."

Nothing says "I'm cool" like choosing a trendy breed then inventing a word to give it an even cooler name. With kids you only get to pick the name, though my friends Erick, Keshauna, Trell, and LaQwuavon say that's it's no big deal.