Ignition Switch

/ Ignition Switch #21  
Attempted to start the PT425 with new aftermarket starter at 2F the other day. It cranked, but just not fast enough. Almost but not quite. Just a couple coughs out of the engine. Put a battery booster on it and it fired right up. So, not sure if the aftermarket starter is a little weak or not. Anyhow, two minutes and I was good to go.

/ Ignition Switch #22  
Got a hair dryer for the intake? ;)

/ Ignition Switch #24  
So, not sure if the aftermarket starter is a little weak or not. Anyhow, two minutes and I was good to go.
Or maybe your battery is just a little weak.

If the solenoid clicked over than it clearly isn't an ignition switch/connecting wire problem.

After my 12 year old crummy battery charger fried my battery (somehow it clicked over to the "50A starter mode" and stayed there... even though the selector switch was on the "2 Amp" position... when I went out in the morning, the battery was boiled dry and almost melting... lucky it didn't catch fire), I bought a new Sear Gold Diehard lawn battery. Way better then the one I had in there... but it might just have been that the battery was old...

/ Ignition Switch #26  
Battery is in good shape. Just cold and a different starter, I believe. Maybe over the summer I'll dismantle the factory starter it replaced and see if its repairable. It would be nice to have a spare on the cheap.

/ Ignition Switch #27  
Attempted to start the PT425 with new aftermarket starter at 2F the other day. It cranked, but just not fast enough. Almost but not quite. Just a couple coughs out of the engine. Put a battery booster on it and it fired right up. So, not sure if the aftermarket starter is a little weak or not. Anyhow, two minutes and I was good to go.

Yesterday I had a similar situation with my 422 it was about 15 degrees and I attempted to start and it would sputter some and then on the third attempt it fired up. I left it idle awhile then took it up over the hill to get some firewood. Last year I got one of those katz heaters to put on it but I never got around to putting it on, I may have to if it stays as cold as it has been the last several days (highs less than16 degrees and lows around 5.