IH Cub 782 Need engine replacement

/ IH Cub 782 Need engine replacement #11  
A new KT17 would be awsome, and definatly put the remote filter on it, Then run a 10w30 oil in it. Once you go to a filtered engine, Kohler and the others recomend a multi weight oil with detergent to trap the crud and take it to the filter. Mike

/ IH Cub 782 Need engine replacement
Just received my 782 back with new KT17 engine installed. Whoaa! Purrs like a tiger and what power. Obviously did not have much compression in the old one. I'm almost wishing for a huge one last big noreaster to dump some 24" of snow to give that snowthrower a whirl before putting it away for the season (had to shovel last week's 14" and I'm still sore). Not going to miss the smoking exhaust though it helped keep the mosquitoes down mowing later in the easly evening........Should I salvage any parts from the old unit or just leave the entire engine with the mechanic who changed it out? ..........What is involved with installing the remote filter? Makes sense. Something I can can handle without much trouble?

/ IH Cub 782 Need engine replacement #13  
What, no pictures?

/ IH Cub 782 Need engine replacement #14  
Congrats on the new engine! There is not much to installing the remote filter kit. It's 2 hoses and the mounting/filter. The kit comes with instructions that tell you which hose to put where. You can put the mounting/filter on the tractor's firewall. It's well worth the money. With that and regular oil changes and keeping the cooling air screen and air filter clean, a KT17 SII should run 2000+ hours as opposed to the 500-600 or so hours a series I would typically see before sinking- which BTW is about all the old engine is good for... a boat anchor :)

-Fordlords-

/ IH Cub 782 Need engine replacement #15  
I have had no trouble with the Honda, it works excellent in the tractor and I would do it again. I have no real gripes with Series II KT17's, other than it does not come with an oil filter. The provisions are on the block, and you need to get the kit to use the remotely mounted oil filter, which I highly recommend for the SII, or any engine costing the amount of money these things do. Either way, a good 782 is well worth the efforts to keep running.

-Fordlords-

please tell me where to purchase the honda engine. does it come with conversion parts or do you have to field fit

/ IH Cub 782 Need engine replacement #17  
please tell me where to purchase the honda engine. does it come with conversion parts or do you have to field fit

That dealer is a joker. A brand new KT17 Series II is available for the 782 for $1900 from Small Engine Warehouse. They also have 2 Honda kits for the tractor, 20 and 24 HP, for $1600 and $1800. The Hondas are conversion kits, the KT17SII an exact replacement. A re-engined 782 will probably still last longer than anything new the dealer could try to sell you.

-Fordlords-

Small Engine Warehouse: Home - Small Engine Warehouse