Dealer I'm getting a little disappointed with Kubota Dealers

/ I'm getting a little disappointed with Kubota Dealers #21  
Been in sales or sales management for a good while.

Rule #1. Never, ever, attack a competitor.
It elevates them in and lowers yourself in the customer's eyes in every study done.
You sell the strengths of yourself, your company, and the product. You should always show where your product excels beyond the competition and explain why that is important, but do not mention the competition.

Great post, No matter what I am buying, it is a major turn off for me when the main focus of the salesperson is to deride the competition.

/ I'm getting a little disappointed with Kubota Dealers #22  
Then you get a sales type that insists on qualifying you as a buyer.
Are you ready to buy today?
What price range is of interest?
Generally the wrong answers will have him walk off to take a phone call and never come back.

Then if you open a suitcase of cash it does not help as he would not get the finance fee 'comission'.

/ I'm getting a little disappointed with Kubota Dealers #23  
I too consider such actions and words poor taste, but often that's how it is in the world... would you feel better if they trash-talked their product and encouraged you to see the dude down the street? There ain't nothing perfect in this world. It is what it is.

/ I'm getting a little disappointed with Kubota Dealers #24  
This is nothing new, Kubota dealerships even knock kubota's, Grey market kubota's that is! and them knowing the grey's are every bit as good of tractor if not better,
Despite all the bad attitude and reputation kubota dealers have been placing upon them selves by the name bashing etc, IMO kubota still has one of the best built tractors on the market, Dating from way back before Kubota dealers acquired their bad Attitudes, if You are looking to buy think only of the tractors, Not the Jerks who sells them ;)

/ I'm getting a little disappointed with Kubota Dealers #25  
I've sold a lot of tractors through the years when the competitors have "thrown off" on Kubota especially when their criticisms are exaggerated. If someone asks me, I try to explain where Kubota is better in an area rather than talk about how bad the others are. In my experience, a better product usually gets more negative comments because those competing salespeople are frustrated with tough competition. Good thread.

/ I'm getting a little disappointed with Kubota Dealers #26  
Although there are probably some bad Kubota dealers, like any industry they are the exception.

I've dealt with three dealers with varying results. In two cases, it wasn't really bad but just left a bit to wish for.

Outstanding was Carriere, in Alfred Ontario. I bought a G1800 14 years ago and what service I needed was great. I shopped for a B26 this spring and the salesman was very professional. What really impressed me was the way they resolved a problem. My unit had 313 hours on it and within seven working hours the hose to the backhoe hose started leaking. The tractor was 60 miles away, yet they were there the next morning with a replacement hose, no charge.

The other dealer I dealt with was in Ottawa, B & T MacFarlane. I dropped by and spoke to a salesman about a B26 and he never called back. Now we're talking about a pretty expensive machine here, IE: a good commission, so not getting a call from the salesman dropped them off my list. :mad:

Lastly was Centre Kub. Laurentides near St-Jerome. Although I did get a call back it was two months later.

/ I'm getting a little disappointed with Kubota Dealers #27  
I feel your furstration. I went to the dealer which I had purchased my BX2200 and BX23 from and told them I was in the market for a L2800HSt with all the attachments. Although the salesman was nice enough and gave me list price on everything.he told me he would have the salesmanager which I had dealt with on pervious purchases call me the next day..... That was 2 weeks ago. Never a call. I went to another dealer and not only did he give me a great price he offered some wisdom which I hadn't considered. Needless to say I dropped over $18 K with him and know that I'm goin to be happy with my purchase. The sad thing is that I was a salesman for over 15 years and know what it takes to make a sale and make the customer happy. The first dealer has lost sight of the customer. It's funny though I have spoken with 2 other former customers of the 1st dealer and they also had the same experience that I had .... no response. needless to say the other 2 I spoke with also had made thier new purchases from the dealer which I had just bought my new L2800 from! If I can make a plug here . Many thanks to the people over at Fairplain Tractor in Ripley WV. great people to deal with

/ I'm getting a little disappointed with Kubota Dealers #28  
Many thanks to the people over at Fairplain Tractor in Ripley WV. great people to deal with
I bought my new BX23 from Fairplain back in Nov 2004.

Gee that's 5 years ago comming up next month.
I'm up the interstate 77 about 58 miles from them.
Where are you located and how far are you from them?

/ I'm getting a little disappointed with Kubota Dealers #29  
I bought my new BX23 from Fairplain back in Nov 2004.

Gee that's 5 years ago comming up next month.
I'm up the interstate 77 about 58 miles from them.
Where are you located and how far are you from them?

Howdy nieghbor !
I'm in Liberty WV , south of Ripley about 15 miles in Putnam County.

/ I'm getting a little disappointed with Kubota Dealers #30  
lt cheg- have you shopped online and looked at the models online and then go to the dealer to try them on for size ? I know it's hard, but with enconomy and all, they must be bucking hard for a sell. I would just look around the lot with what they have and try them on for size. then pull trigger on something you like, not the sales person. When I went shopping, I went to a few dealers and found first few not wanting to take the time to talk. The dealer I bought from actaully took the time to listen to what I had to say and then showed my options. Then I reported to SWMBO and gave her the report and we went back to dealer I liked. I don't have time to listen to bashing and I just tell them off when they try.

I agree, shop on line, I have a Kubota dealer about 3 miles from my house and they treat you pretty good, but when I wanted to buy they really didn't seem eager to sell(didn't want to talk or even attempt to negotiate) I just figured they were giving me the best deal. Luckily, I went on line and found Carver Equipment, They bent over backwards for me, did all communicating with Al Murray via email. They are about a two hour drive from me and I have to tell you I saved close to $2000.00 buying from them. Also Al was very professional no hard sales or other manufacturer bashing, He just stood by answered all my questions as I made up my mind.