I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #181  
What I don't understand about AGCO is Allis Chalmers had a very strong and extremely loyal following. As did Massey Ferguson up here in my part of Canada.
Yet they dump the orange and the Allis name, and barley promote Massey any more at all but they are more than happy to sell us NORTH AMERICANS a green German tractor????
Thankfully they have left Gleaner alone....so far.
I tried to look at masseys here in 2016 but I literally got zero response from the dealership, contacted corp and told them, and finally got a call back 6 months after I bought my tractor elsewhere. My guess was that the nearby massey shop didn't want to sell CUTs.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #182  
I tried to look at masseys here in 2016 but I literally got zero response from the dealership, contacted corp and told them, and finally got a call back 6 months after I bought my tractor elsewhere. My guess was that the nearby massey shop didn't want to sell CUTs.

Massey, CaseIH, etc. seem to be pretty regional tractors generally. Have a good dealer and you will have a strong following for the brand. No good dealers and surprise you have no brand recognition locally.

Locally, with a really strong John Deere dealer "network" and a bunch of Kubota dealership mergers, other brands are not represented well. COVID did let TYM/Branson gain some good market share with smaller tractors though so, I'm seeing a bunch of their CUT/SCUT tractors around. If I were in the market for a cabbed 30hp~65hp, TYM would be a strong contender for a solid tractor at a modest price with really good features today and where I live now.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #183  
I don’t have a dealer of any brand within 150 miles of me. So I buy based on value and features. For what I thought I needed and price, CNH was my top pick. I buy everything slightly to moderately used…

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #184  
Have you seen the price of steel over the same time frame?

Think it was $170-ish per ton in 2005 and it's as high as $1,800-ish per ton now.
Even with the steel prices jumping, there's a whole lot less steel in a new machine than your 2005. I was shocked at how thin everything has gotten on the new tractors (look at a brushguard on a L series) Plus go over 25HP and deal with DEF etc...no thanks!

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #185  
Even with the steel prices jumping, there's a whole lot less steel in a new machine than your 2005. I was shocked at how thin everything has gotten on the new tractors (look at a brushguard on a L series) Plus go over 25HP and deal with DEF etc...no thanks!
Please tell me which 30 hp tractors use DEF.

Last edited:
   / I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing
Well, I’ve kinda decided to just keep the BX I have until I can no longer do the hookup on the belly mower. After that I’ll prob buck up a RFM and call it good. Maybe I’ll get lucky and pass before that sad day comes. I’m the meantime, after 18 years just had my first real repair on my BX. One of the spindle pulleys disassembled itself. $60 in parts, hopefully that’ll be it for a while.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #187  
I needed to replace a Mahindra tractor because of not being able to find anyone to repair it that I trusted. Looked at Kubota new prices. New was too much for me, but I did find a used Kubota this week.

Sooner or later, the current bubble is going to pop. You might then seen some realistic pricing on used machines.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #188  
I've had my Yanmar YT359C since last year.
The transmission is amazing.
Watch this video.

Last edited:
   / I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #189  
My Yanmar 226d was made between 1981 -1991. It has a Power Shift transmission at the steering column that allows me to shift between reverse and three forward gears. There are a bunch of tractors today that have power shuttle transmissions, but they only allow a change between a single forward and reverse compared to what my 30-40 year old Yanmar could do back then (and today because it still runs great).

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #190  
Looked at Kubota new prices. New was too much for me, but I did find a used Kubota this week.
I got on the Kubota website and priced out (for kicks and grins) a new 100 horse M series and I was shocked as well. Not gonna happen here. Besides being T4 final they require DEF too.

Last edited: