I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #121  
Gotta hand it to JD. Wipe out all the competiting dealers. Did the same thing up here in Michigan.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #122  
Don't know how true it is but a guy who works for Ag-Pro told me that all big dealerships are owned by the top corporate people at John Deere, it all stays in-house, some would call it just business, others would call it corporate greed, anyway that you view it, it sure seems dirty to force dealers out who made you all because they didn't want to sell.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #123  
LandPro can hardly be worse than United Ag and Turf here in New England. Really a shame what they've done to Deere's brand, at least in comparison to what my local dealers were before the mergers. I've done a lot more business with CNH these last few years.

CNH out here is a mixed bag. Even compared to CaseIH, the New Holland tractors are pretty weak and I have a lot of personal owner reports of problems with them. I also know some of the CaseIH tractors have had issues too, especially some transmission problems on the high side (Hi-Lo transmissions) in their larger Ag tractors requiring major overhauls. All the CNH tractors out here have reputations for emissions-related issues in the larger tractors. I was interested in one CaseIH Maxxum with ~800 hours on it but, the rear end locked up on it. Dealer said they thought the previous owner put hydraulic fluid in the brake reservoir and blew out the brake system seals since only one side was locked up but, it turns out the brake job didn't fix the tractor and it required a major transmission overhaul for $$$$.

My recent purchase, to be finalized with the dealer that pulled the loader for another tractor they sold, is still in the final stages but, Massey for me was a clear winner for heavier work beyond the normal weekend farmer/rancher from the city tasking.

Kubota was simply unavailable in anything but a "spec" tractor configuration from dealer convention orders placed 18 months ago. Price-wise, the Kubota M5-111 was MORE EXPENSIVE than a Massey 5711D with its clearly superior transmission and loader in a remotely similar configuration.

While this isn't really applicable to the Kubota garden-sized BX tractors, they are a lot more expensive than something like the TYM options available locally.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #124  
Baine-Welker bought our closest IH dealer that sells large farm equipment (Evolution Ag). They weren't interested in the smaller Kubota dealer that was part of Evolution Ag. A sales person at the small location told me that.

I have taken something to Baine-Welker and was not happy with what they charged for the service. I no longer have IH, though I like CNH equipment very much. I have no experience with the new CNH equipment though.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #125  
Baine-Welker bought our closest IH dealer that sells large farm equipment (Evolution Ag). They weren't interested in the smaller Kubota dealer that was part of Evolution Ag. A sales person at the small location told me that.

I have taken something to Baine-Welker and was not happy with what they charged for the service. I no longer have IH, though I like CNH equipment very much. I have no experience with the new CNH equipment though.
New Holland around here does not have a good reputation with their new tractors. CaseIH as I noted elsewhere, has had some significant issues as well.

New Holland, Case, and International Harvester made some really good tractors in their day but, I just don't see that legacy in their current tractor lineup. The smaller stuff is made by someone else and the big stuff seems to have some significant issues.

If I wanted a compact utility tractor in the New Holland line, I would go direct with the OEM personally. If we had stronger dealerships here, that might influence my thoughts some.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #126  
So, I'm getting older and some health issues have cropped up, as they tend to do. Taking on and off the mower deck on my BX2360 is getting tougher. I bought it in 2005 for about 12k, Tractor, 60" belly mower and loader. I saw somewhere that the newer JD and Kubota have made it easier by driving over and a more or less semi-automated hookup.

Doing some online pricing at their sites have left me in a state of complete shock! Is it true that I'm looking at close to 30k now??? Please tell me that I'm doing something wrong or that their SRPs are not near what dealers are charging.....

Thanks....
The sky is not falling. I can sell a new BX2380 with the 60" deck, LA344S (the good loader, not the cheap one that all of these online pkg dealers advertise) for well under $20K all day long and give you 0% financing.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #127  
Big River, what does well under 20K mean and zero % interest mean ? Please give us actual numbers.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #128  
Yes, the Kubota is a lightweight compared to a similar Massey. One of the many 'main' reasons I quit Kubota and got a Massey. Massey's have a heavier frame, axles, etc. which all make it a better tractor IMHO.

The Massey Dyna-4 transmission is worth several thousand dollars extra all by itself IMHO compared to the Kubota 12-speed and that only scratches the superficial surface of the differences which favor the Massey.
Going back a number of years I was looking at a Kubota for orchard use.
They had an ad for a 55pto hp 4 wheel drive unit for a really reasonable price.
The dealer asked what the application would be. Orchard, 300 gal sprayer, 10' disc, cultivator, etc.
No, this tractor isn't heavy enough, have to upgrade to the commercial model. Lots more money. Never looked at them again
My friend bought one of their little ones for his landscape company. He can only put 5 maybe 6 rolls of sod in the fel bucket or it can't lift it.
My Massey GC2300 can lift double that to the point the back wheels come off the ground.
He can't believe it but still bleeds orange.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #129  
Going back a number of years I was looking at a Kubota for orchard use.
They had an ad for a 55pto hp 4 wheel drive unit for a really reasonable price.
The dealer asked what the application would be. Orchard, 300 gal sprayer, 10' disc, cultivator, etc.
No, this tractor isn't heavy enough, have to upgrade to the commercial model. Lots more money. Never looked at them again
My friend bought one of their little ones for his landscape company. He can only put 5 maybe 6 rolls of sod in the fel bucket or it can't lift it.
My Massey GC2300 can lift double that to the point the back wheels come off the ground.
He can't believe it but still bleeds orange.
Today, I think the smaller Massey's are really strong tractors but, lack the name recognition of Kubota.

It is a bit like the Harley Davidson motorcycle name versus something like Triumph or one of the Japanese brands. A Harley rider won't ever consider a Japanese cruiser and the mention of Triumph brings up images of the old Royal Enfield options, or newer ones of today out of India.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #130  
And I only paid $18,000 for my BX 25 in the fall of 2008. Same tractor, but without a couple of new features that are provided in the BX 23S. Could probably get the same for my BX 25 today. $18k Canadian is only about $13k US), since it is in excellent condition and doesn’t have much more than about 1000 hours on it.
I paid about the same for a BX2350 also in 2008. It came with FEL, 54" mid-mower, quick hitch, front snow blower. I traded it all in on a new BX2380 last summer. I also bought the same equipment with it, except the new mower is a roll over deck. The dealer only gave us $10,000 trade in total. The tractor only had about 400 hrs. I think it should have been higher looking back now.