I'm so needy. Pleas help me changed the drive belt on my 1993 320 lawn tractor

/ I'm so needy. Pleas help me changed the drive belt on my 1993 320 lawn tractor
20161001_125112.jpg20161001_125122.jpg20161001_125137.jpg20161001_125141.jpg

/ I'm so needy. Pleas help me changed the drive belt on my 1993 320 lawn tractor #12  
If my memory serves me correctly, on my old 170 you also had to remove at least one cross member as well as the PTO clutch. I only had to do it once in the twenty years that I had it, but it was a real pain in the rear to do. I have not looked at my new 325x yet but with the four wheel steering it might be a dealership replacement when the time comes. I also found that the JD replacement belts seemed to be a lot more durable than that aftermarket belts I tried. Considering the difficulty in replacing the drive belt you really want it to last as long as possible.

/ I'm so needy. Pleas help me changed the drive belt on my 1993 320 lawn tractor #13  
You may be able to find the belt routing diagram under one of the foot rests. At least I can find mine pasted under the foot rest.

/ I'm so needy. Pleas help me changed the drive belt on my 1993 320 lawn tractor #14  
The belt goes to the out side of the small idler pulley nearest the engine. On the spring loaded double set of pulleys, V side of belt around smaller pulley, outside flat of belt on the larger pulley.

Your picture of the spring loaded pulley set looks correct, but there is guide plate missing. It does not matter, but my spring was on with the hooks up, not down.
There is also a wire guide to keep the belt on at the engine pulley, right side if you on the tractor.

/ I'm so needy. Pleas help me changed the drive belt on my 1993 320 lawn tractor
The belt goes to the out side of the small idler pulley nearest the engine. On the spring loaded double set of pulleys, V side of belt around smaller pulley, outside flat of belt on the larger pulley.

Your picture of the spring loaded pulley set looks correct, but there is guide plate missing. It does not matter, but my spring was on with the hooks up, not down.
There is also a wire guide to keep the belt on at the engine pulley, right side if you on the tractor.

Success! thank you very much for all the help. i was thinking about it while i was at work today....maybe the drive belt was failing and slipping causing me to think i had an issue with the pto....either way i'm back in business, couldnt have done it without everyones help, thank you!

/ I'm so needy. Pleas help me changed the drive belt on my 1993 320 lawn tractor #16  
Good to hear nate.

Richard

Isn't it funny when you google something and a post comes up that you created about 6 years ago? I took the mower of out the shed today, made a few passes in the yard and the drive belt broke :)

/ I'm so needy. Pleas help me changed the drive belt on my 1993 320 lawn tractor #18  
Only time I've ever had to take the pto pulley of any mower was to change engines. Put your wrench on the crank nut and knock the crap out of wrench and knock it loose. Thats my kind of impact wrench around here. Grease or never seize when installing clutches. But you should not have to remove clutch.

Only time I've ever had to take the pto pulley of any mower was to change engines. Put your wrench on the crank nut and knock the crap out of wrench and knock it loose. Thats my kind of impact wrench around here. Grease or never seize when installing clutches. But you should not have to remove clutch.
Well, I replaced the drive belt 6 years ago when I made this original post....I've since forgotten how lol I will find out again!

/ I'm so needy. Pleas help me changed the drive belt on my 1993 320 lawn tractor #20  
Well, I replaced the drive belt 6 years ago when I made this original post....I've since forgotten how lol I will find out again!

Just take the pto belt off and then the drive belt. May have some keepers that hold the belt on when loose. If they are thin, bend them. If they are stout looking, unbolt them.