Implement on 3 point "bounces" when at transport height?

/ Implement on 3 point "bounces" when at transport height?
Yes it did leak down overnight without a load when the rate control was set for a slow drop with a load.
But with rate set to closed and no load it didn't drop overnight.

/ Implement on 3 point "bounces" when at transport height? #22  
Just a passing thought. Neither my FEL or 3-point will drop a measurable amount - even after 30 or so days being elevated( 2009 Kubota M6040). Yours is a new tractor - still under warrante. I'd call the dealer and have him check into this situation.

/ Implement on 3 point "bounces" when at transport height? #23  
Sounds like it might be the control valve but I would trying a couple of things first.

#1- Mount something on the 3pt. Doesn't need to be too heavy. Then raise it up and shut the tractor off. DO NOT LOWER the hitch and DO NOT close the drop speed valve. Measure the height. Go have a cup of coffee. When you come back out measure again.

#2- Do the above again, BUT close the drop speed valve. More coffee. Measure again.

If the hitch drops under #1 but NOT under #2 then the piston seals are good. Need to have your dealer check the control valve spool.

/ Implement on 3 point "bounces" when at transport height? #24  
Need to have your dealer check the control valve spool.
Or . . . on my 2006, for the past 3 years, my 3 point went from a bounce that was noticed to spooky. It got the point that I just did not want to be near the 3 point when the tractor was running because for no apparent reason, it would jerk up a couple of inches. Sometimes it was 15 seconds after I had been in the cab and set the height.

I was suspecting that the rockshaft cylinder (lifts the 3 point) leaking. Was regretting having to replace seals.

I finally discovered that there is an electronic position sensor near the rockshaft on the exterior of the transmission case. I replaced it and all returned to normal. Perhaps you have a faulty sensor. Dealer should consider it.

Thanks azbinder-
So that’s what I did last night, although substituting wine for coffee. I put just the boom to a post hose digger on for a little weight.
It sank without the control valve closed and did not when it was closed- not one bit even overnight.
So I guess that’s better news that it’s not the piston seals, but something may be up with the drop rate control valve.

Last edited:
Deleted -double post🙄

Last edited:
Update. So now I'm a whole 20 hours in on this tractor and I have a little more feedback on this 3 point hydraulics issue.
Yesterday I mowed a few acres and all seemed to go fine (though having the new cutter buzz clouded the issue) except for the bouncing. It's definitely still there, more pronounced/jarring at higher engine rpms than lower for sure.
Today I decided to mow a few more acres, and I could swear that on several occasions the height I had it set at had changed while I was going. As in all was cutting fine, next thing you know the sides of the cutter were digging into the dirt and the height lever wasn't where I thought I'd set it. I set the screw type lever limiter thing and it seemed to have been jammed downward by the height adjustment lever while I was going along!? WTH?
Yes, getting it into the dealer is going to happen sooner than later (probably getting the 50 hour service many hours early), but I want to have a body of knowledge to process their take on things ( and hopefully not have to weed through BS excuses and incomplete fixes...)

/ Implement on 3 point "bounces" when at transport height? #28  
Tractor has 12 hours on it, so yes definitely still under warranty. The arms will leak down overnight even without a load on them also, which doesn't concern me as much.
Being low on hydraulic fluid or having air in the system crossed my mind as well. Probably ought to at least check the level.
Thanks for the insight, guys.
You done went and got all this discussion going and you ain't even checked the fluid level yet?

Fluid level is good, though I'd like to get some dye to make it easier to see. It's clear as water.
FWIW after mowing this evening I left it with a 1200# cutter on at mowing height and closed the decent rate valve, and it has sunk maybe 1/4" over the last 4 hours.