Impliments for DK40se HST w/FEL

/ Impliments for DK40se HST w/FEL #1  

southerniltractor

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40se HST with FEL, Simplicity Landlord, JD130
Greetings fellow Kioti owners,

I'm trying to figure out what impliments/brands/sizes to get for my Kioti. I need to move snow (not too much in southern IL), maintain a 900 foot gravel drive, move dirt around the property, move stuff with pallet forks, keep the weeds knocked down, maintain a wetland and and keep a waterway in shape. I hope to someday dig the wetland into a full sized pond, but that will probably require me to rent a pan when I get to that point...

Regardless, I'm thinking the following and have prices from my dealer:

Rhino 350 tilt and angle 84" 395 lbs $700.00
Rhino 172 bushhog with slip clutch 785 lbs $1700.00
Rhino BX 72 box blade 505 lbs $ 700.00
Horst qa 48" pallet forks 3700 lb rated 425lbs $700.00.

I've heard good things about Rhino equipment, but have never used it. I'm also eyeballing Everything Attachments for prices and products.

I welcome your thoughts and opinions!

Thanks,
Mike

/ Impliments for DK40se HST w/FEL #2  
I have a 84" rear blade for snow and if I bought another one I'd go 96", or an 84" slider, to get more offset to have the blade stick out further to the side. It would be good to drop snow off the side of my raised driveway without getting the tractor so close.
Can't help you with the rest as I don't have them, but I'm going to get a heavier box blade. I'd like to find a used 1000lb 6'er but something in the 600lb range may have to do.

/ Impliments for DK40se HST w/FEL #3  
I have had Rhino equipment in the past on a smaller tractor and have always thought it was high quality and pretty much the same as Woods or Landpride. Of course each of those manufacturers makes light or standard duty as well as medium and heavy duty implements in each width up to six or seven feet. I find the medium duty to be easily sturdy enough for daily use with a DK40se while the standard duty is generally adequate for less common tasks.

I have some medium duty and some standard duty equipment. Prezeled a standard duty six foot Woods rake and haven't used the standard duty Woods boxblade enough to be confident but so far no issues. Medium duty bush hog will out live me. Medium duty skidsteer forks with 4000lb rating is a good match. Even a light duty grapple is fine however, don't waste money on heavy duty grapples.

/ Impliments for DK40se HST w/FEL #4  
Pallet forks 48" pallet forks 3700 lb rated , Don't need to be rated this high
3000 lbs is plenty.

/ Impliments for DK40se HST w/FEL #5  
murphy1244 said:
Pallet forks 48" pallet forks 3700 lb rated , Don't need to be rated this high
3000 lbs is plenty.

I wouldn't be uncomfortable with 3000lb forks as there is some safety margin but a loader rated for 2760lbs to full height can easily exceed 3000lb lift to lower levels. Also, if you put something like a quickspade on the forks you can exceed designed strength pretty easily. 4000lb forks are not much extra as I recall and give a bit more margin for error.

/ Impliments for DK40se HST w/FEL #6  
You may get by with the light duty implements, but the heavy duty ones work a lot better, especially for grading purposes. ;)

/ Impliments for DK40se HST w/FEL #7  
MtnViewRanch said:
You may get by with the light duty implements, but the heavy duty ones work a lot better, especially for grading purposes. ;)

Don't forget medium duty. IMO heavy duty is for commercial use. Medium duty mowers and boxblades are excellent for CUTs.

/ Impliments for DK40se HST w/FEL #8  
Don't forget medium duty. IMO heavy duty is for commercial use. Medium duty mowers and boxblades are excellent for CUTs.

Notice that I emphasized grading implements. Yes medium will hold up, but the extra weight of the heavy duty grading implements makes a HUGE difference with how well they perform. A 350lb rear blade will not hold a candle to a 600-700lb rear blade. You can actually get something accomplished with a heavy duty unit. Yes they cost more, but you get what you pay for with the end results. ;)

/ Impliments for DK40se HST w/FEL #9  
Murph is right, pallet forks will be your best friend.

You might want to think about a grader instead of the rear blade for your driveway. In my opinion they really don't do much for a gravel driveway. My neighbor has one and the pot holes return a day or two after scraping. I have a 7' HD International BB with T&T on the tractor and I have found that it is also not the best tool for gravel, but better than a blade, and great for dirt.

I bought the Grademaster Utility-7, 660 lbs $1100 delivered, and so far I am pleased. Pot holes go away, and the driveway looks like it has had a load of new gravel spread. Once properly adjusted, you just go, one pas up and one back...done. Here is the thread I started on it:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/232491-any-grademaster-owners-here.html

I also have a 6' International HD rotary mower w/slip clutch, I don't remember the exact price but I think it was $8-900. It has held up well and I don't think the Bush Hog at twice the price is a better mower, so you might want to shop it around on a few other brand names like Woods.

Throw a post hole digger in their too:thumbsup:

/ Impliments for DK40se HST w/FEL #10  
IT,but a loader rated for 2760lbs to full height can easily exceed 3000lb lift to lower levels???
What does that mean???