Improved snow blower slush performance

/ Improved snow blower slush performance #1  

WilliamTO-35

Silver Member
Tractor
1955 Ferguson TO-35
I was disappointed with the performance of my walk behind snow blower in snow slush. My snow blower is a Murray 24 inch wide two stage unit with a Briggs & Stratton 8 "torque power" engine ( about 6 or 6.5 hp. ) Nothing special, and it worked fine in dry snow, but in wet slush it clogged up almost immediately. I had seen some posts in this forum about using silicone spray, vegetable oil, and other coatings inside the discharge chute to improve slush performance, but my operator's manual said nothing about using a coating, and only advised to go more slowly in wet snow. But yesterday, I sprayed the inside of my discharge chute with a " dry lubricant coating with Teflon" . Today, I spent 2 hours blowing wet slush snow, and only had to clean the discharge chute once. What a difference the lubricant coating made ! It's hard to believe that the blower manufacturer did not make any such recommendations. I thank this forum for the excellent advice ! ( The product I used was made by DuPont, and despite the " dry lubricant" name, it went on as a fairly thick coating. Possibly, it takes more time and warmer weather to dry to a thin film . But, even after two hours use, most of the coating was still in place inside the chute. )

/ Improved snow blower slush performance #2  
I was disappointed with the performance of my walk behind snow blower in snow slush. My snow blower is a Murray 24 inch wide two stage unit with a Briggs & Stratton 8 "torque power" engine ( about 6 or 6.5 hp. ) Nothing special, and it worked fine in dry snow, but in wet slush it clogged up almost immediately. I had seen some posts in this forum about using silicone spray, vegetable oil, and other coatings inside the discharge chute to improve slush performance, but my operator's manual said nothing about using a coating, and only advised to go more slowly in wet snow. But yesterday, I sprayed the inside of my discharge chute with a " dry lubricant coating with Teflon" . Today, I spent 2 hours blowing wet slush snow, and only had to clean the discharge chute once. What a difference the lubricant coating made ! It's hard to believe that the blower manufacturer did not make any such recommendations. I thank this forum for the excellent advice ! ( The product I used was made by DuPont, and despite the " dry lubricant" name, it went on as a fairly thick coating. Possibly, it takes more time and warmer weather to dry to a thin film . But, even after two hours use, most of the coating was still in place inside the chute. )

You might want to type clarences impeller kit
on the search box here or google it as you will be
able to improve your snow caster performance.

The are many videos showinghr impeller kit and how
it improves walk behind and tractor snow casters.

WD-40 works well just as cooking spray does.

Fluid Film is also a great way relieve the problem of
sticky snow and slush.
The biggest problems is the clearances between the
impeller housing and the the resulting build up and
the poor performance in wet snow/slush.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Tci TC-55 Tire Cutter (A33041)
Tci TC-55 Tire...
John Deere 6155M (A33526)
John Deere 6155M...
2016 Travis 30' End Dump Trailer (A33113)
2016 Travis 30'...
1995 Ford F-800 Truck, 14-Ton Mdl. 1410JBT Boom, Front & Rear Outriggers, 5 (A33349)
1995 Ford F-800...
8 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
8 Yard steel end...
Great Plains Grain Drill (A33041)
Great Plains Grain...