In the market for a new mattress: chemical nightmare.

/ In the market for a new mattress: chemical nightmare. #1  

BrokeFarmerJohn

Veteran Member
Tractor
2017 Mahindra 5555, John Blue G-1000, Massey Ferguson 98, John Deere GP
So my conventional innerspring mattress is getting pretty worn out so I did some research.

Researched the “Mattress in a box” type mattresses “Purple, Nectar etc.” found good reviews but came across a few videos of this guy pushing latex mattresses and suggesting many manufacturers are using government regulated flame retardant chemicals.

So I did some research on that, turns out in the states it’s an issue for some people getting physically sick (respiratory issues, thyroid issues, fatigue etc) from the chemicals in the mattress.

It’s something I wasn’t aware of before and thought I would share.

/ In the market for a new mattress: chemical nightmare.
I like the idea of a all natural product, I like the idea of a chemical free product even if I have to get a doctors note to buy one. For mainly durability reasons latex is a very attractive option. I will deff be looking into an all natural latex even if it’s more expensive but lasts 1 1/2 to twice as long.

Here is the video BTW: Mattress Education Full & Complete Video - YouTube

/ In the market for a new mattress: chemical nightmare. #3  
Ive always had to laugh at the all natural stickers. What is the classification for that? Unless it’s made in a lab isn’t it all natural?

/ In the market for a new mattress: chemical nightmare. #4  
I like the idea of a all natural product, I like the idea of a chemical free product even if I have to get a doctors note to buy one. For mainly durability reasons latex is a very attractive option. I will deff be looking into an all natural latex even if it痴 more expensive but lasts 1 1/2 to twice as long.

Here is the video BTW: Mattress Education Full & Complete Video - YouTube

You can稚 buy a chemical free product. Water is a chemical.

/ In the market for a new mattress: chemical nightmare.
   / In the market for a new mattress: chemical nightmare. #7  
I’ve been happy with our Sleep Number bed for several years now. I had chronic back pain with our last two conventional mattresses, and they didn’t last very long.

/ In the market for a new mattress: chemical nightmare. #8  
I like the idea of a all natural product, I like the idea of a chemical free product even if I have to get a doctors note to buy one. For mainly durability reasons latex is a very attractive option. I will deff be looking into an all natural latex even if it’s more expensive but lasts 1 1/2 to twice as long.

I bought a Latex foam mattress from Pure Green. Top rated on consumer reports. Was their softest version available, but my wife and I both voted it much too firm for our liking. We added a 3" latex topper to try and soften it up, but it still was too firm. We returned it under the 100 day trial. Great company to deal with. 30 days after I bought it they lowered the price. Called them and they credited me the difference no questions asked. I wish we had liked the mattress as we had a great customer service experience.

/ In the market for a new mattress: chemical nightmare. #9  
I’ve been happy with our Sleep Number bed for several years now. I had chronic back pain with our last two conventional mattresses, and they didn’t last very long.

Sleep Number beds come in different thicknesses. We had one for 20 years that was just great. But then my wife talked me into buying a new one that she just "saw" in their store. And, like a dummy, I did not check enough. She said she wanted it, so I bought it. It's not really bad, but isn't nearly as good as the old one that I threw away before realizing what I'd done. So the difference is that this newer one isn't nearly as thick as the old one.

/ In the market for a new mattress: chemical nightmare. #10  
Full wave waterbed! When one or the other of you gets in or out of bed - Woooooooooo..... man overboard! :laughing: